The Official Work Pictures Thread

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
A few more from today. The guy wanted the wood and asked for 16'6" logs if I could. This was the truck he had me load. Poor thing. I refused to put anymore on with out a release form

Some nice pics!
Those lil trucks will hold some weight.
Like the disclaimer though :D

Sure nice to get back to the residential!
Rather large job of removals and some end weight reductions, place was way overgrown and many a defect. Hung a bunch whole. Saved the hardest and largest till tomorrow with 35+ gusts which will likely help in the room to move .
62e4f569598c9ed40ac412d4d60007ae.jpg

b8a2e277e773493cac52e70c3c8b8bb1.jpg

34607b661bae237bf4151d642519fccc.jpg

d08a3dfbefea5fc545fd1b93a0ef11d8.jpg

4d7abeb14edf01497926f52bcced1b5b.jpg

225a6e1d689361d0bec17eade9c3c559.jpg

Nice rigging, Joel!

Nice work and pics Rich!

And Reg I don't envy cutting that stump, nice work!

I always found them predictably easy in the UK....large or small.
They grow way faster here in the PNW it seems. Wide growth rings, slow taper.....seemingly over extended limbs all end weighted. Snap like carrots s a result. They not nice trees at all. Roger Barnett put a good vid out a little while back of one going sideways.

I was wondering if we might not be seeing different growing conditions and a resulting difference in hinge function. Thanks, Reg.

So that means you'll never make that dumb as a box of rocks mistake ever again...right???

And don't make me come down there to Florida and smack you, Joel...you likewise, correct???

Unnecessary blood, stitches and all that other crap that follows is a bummer, believe me this old man knows.

Taking trees down whole like that always makes you feel like you know what you're doing! And impresses the hell out of the clients as well.

Ha...Burnham got in before I could! Due to his...words...I no longer walk around on the ground in spikes :)

Got an estimate in on my busted hung up Lombardy poplar...fingers crossed.

Joel, as applicable, consider a scrap of rope as a double handle at the bottom of those logs. Looks like two guys under a log that don't need to be. A 15' scrap, girth hitched near the middle would m and two good handles.

A friend was just telling me about how he broke his back, nearly a spinal injury. 10 years later, he's 70% recovered. Different industry. A partner carry, with a slip and fall. One guy slipped and pulled the load onto them, rather than throwing it, as was the Plan B.

Everything is fine until it's not.

Work safe. I imagine that you have a lot to focus on with a defect riddled tree. Just a thought, fwiw. This came up recently, elsewhere, here on the TH.

Three small pines to have fun with today. Two down and cleaned up before lunch. Had to top out a couple hemlocks that stuck up higher than the others. Wouldn't be bad except I had to take 15' outta one and 10' outta the other. They're all around 30' tall now. image.jpg image.jpg

Unnecessary blood, stitches and all that other crap that follows is a bummer, believe me this old man knows.

Boy does he ever. Busted my right hand yesterday morning on this small Cottonwood, Alder and Willow removal job...

unnamed-519.jpg

Went up the smallest Scowler Willow you've ever seen, used a routine trick while on spurs and flip of hinging a low-hanging limb over the roof of an industrial complex with the intent of manually pitching the butt away, thereby dragging the little tips off the top. Cut too narrow of a face. The limb popped off pre-maturely and the butt smashed my right hand between my D ring. Four to six weeks light-duty, and probably have to get a hard-cast tomorrow. Can hardly type. Probably won't be around too much for a coupla months. I love you guys. Don't be a dumb-ass.

Rich... Joel... Great work, brothers.

Jed say it aint so! You were rollin man. Guess that happens when you have been doing too many storm jobs for too long, easy routine job and you get complacent.

Don't be a stranger

Hate to hear that, friend....getting hurt sucks. At least it is recoverable...you telling it helps keep the rest of us on our toes.

Are you serious? I look forward to seeing work pics every night and knew I could count on you. Heal up right brother. Don't push things to early. I know I wouldn't;)

Heal up Jed. Its all good, and all things happen for a reason..

Back