The Official Work Pictures Thread

Stephen, do you cut your KK bollard in or just strap it to the tree? My red bollard is slick on the back...absolutely no grip like the GRCS or Hobbs...so I usually ALWAYS cut a notch for it to sit in.

Stephen, that is a pic and a half that hobbs pic.... Wows!

Jay, I think I've mentioned this before but I read the coolest article in a climbing mag awhile back, an everest climber arranged to bring a sherpa over here to work. He was a small guy, always happy, ridiculously strong, and basically blew peoples minds with how hard he worked :drink:

I was thinking that a choked rope on the bottom would be a great control line, keeping him out from under the piece.

I was thinking that a choked rope on the bottom would be a great control line, keeping him out from under the piece.

He usually does that too... I dunno why I did not just ask him to. Just on the move and he seemed fine with what he was doing. Rob had a hand on the rope and they work it well together. Normally, yes.
Stephen, do you cut your KK bollard in or just strap it to the tree? My red bollard is slick on the back...absolutely no grip like the GRCS or Hobbs...so I usually ALWAYS cut a notch for it to sit in.
We shelf out for both the KK and the HOBBS. Just keeps it in check and more stable. Only takes minutes to shelf out a tree.

The bigger iron showed up today :)

Attachments

• tmp_7022-IMG_20151114_090324398616422793.jpg
    tmp_7022-IMG_20151114_090324398616422793.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 60
  • tmp_7022-IMG_20151114_090340481132883302.jpg
    tmp_7022-IMG_20151114_090340481132883302.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 63
I got one. Love it

I asked because a few guys are reporting a bog, or hesitation on them after break in. I've ported 20 of them so far, and have yet to see that issue myself. I have a idea on what may be causing it, and just wondered if anyone here had any experience with them.

Great run of pictures!
Been steady at it as well but my wife and photographer has been extremely busy herself.
Had good fun with this job all but the HO saying don't cover the pool the cleaning guy is aware and coming once your done. I warned her. Pool guy was mad as all get out. I was perplexed some as all the sawdust sank instead of float.? All lowered and humped out by hand or dolly. In the last removal:)
6878a795d5b6774c7df70e746e13d43f.jpg

I asked because a few guys are reporting a bog, or hesitation on them after break in. I've ported 20 of them so far, and have yet to see that issue myself. I have a idea on what may be causing it, and just wondered if anyone here had any experience with them.

The saw shop here just had to order a new jug and piston set for one and Stihl included a new intake boot and carbi beleive. Custy had complained of the boggy nature right before it cooked. Deeper issue? Probably. Extra parts raise suspicians.

No problems whatsoever, Randy.
As you know, we run them hard, doing full time hardwood logging in winter.
They are very good saws.
Smooth running, no vibes and a great power band.
Remind me of my BMW motorcycle, in fact.:D

Stephen the trees you work with make it look like I'm just playing around with saplings. Well done with the work and the pics.

You know... a great architect (forgot who...:|:) once said, "Nothing is ever big or small, but by comparison." You are not working in saplings man. The "bigness" of the tree is not determined by the size of the tree that some guy on the other side of the world is in. It's determined by the size of the trees that you are accustomed to working in, or that the guys in your neck of the woods routinely do. That's my experience, anyway.

Did small commercial stuff in piss-down rain yesterday... everyone miserable (but me) poor bastards. Must suck to not love tree work. unnamed-326.jpg unnamed-327.jpg unnamed-328.jpg

Andy shot these random pics of me last week, the funniest being my inbred ass shimmying out (no corks :() on a log to untie a running bowline off a pull-line. :lol:
unnamed-329.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed-331.jpg
    unnamed-331.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 38
  • unnamed-332.jpg
    unnamed-332.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 37
  • unnamed-333.jpg
    unnamed-333.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 37
  • unnamed-330.jpg