The Official Work Pictures Thread

I dropped a big white pine a few days ago. Hinge broke........went about 20° off the mark. Sorta scared me. Reminded me that I'm no pro. :|:
I did the same angle with an oak 3 weeks ago. It was side loaded by long limbs in the open area. I made a nice cut but the hinge broke surprisingly soon. Somehow reshaped an apple tree almost outside the reach.:(

image.jpg image.jpg
Another big white oak to kill. The county has plans to widen the road and the new property owner wants a mow able hill. It drops about 15 feet in 5 feet.
Wasn't an ideal day for it. Got a late start from hunting down signage and radios. Was a guy shy of the minimum number I said I needed. Starter went out in the chip truck and then it stormed. Oh well it'll be there tomorrow. I finished what I could reach with the bucket just before the storm. Boss was bitching because we didn't finish it. Needless to say my mood has not improved at all since yesterday. Sorry for another rant

Man, that is a lot of tree...would probably take me two days just to get it down if those wires are the factor I assume they are...never mind the cleanup. Good luck with it.

Nah wires are on the opposite side of the street. Just gotta watch my swings on those. I set a spider leg on the bottom limb right at the start. Guessed about 12-1500#. 3 wraps on the portie was a bit light. Went great but couldn't get it processed fast enough. Just to much for one groundie and the rope man( he had to run up and down the hill). Had to keep things relatively small after that.
I agree that's a lot of tree. I told the boss a month ago what I needed and figured 8-10 hrs ( or 5 max with a crane) best case scenario. Me, rope man,2 groundmen, and 2 flaggers. I often do a lot with minimum ground help so when I ask for extra it is needed. I had to argue for one groundman this morning. He thought the rope man could rope and chip by himself. Some days I think he was dropped on his head a lot as a small child.

Big ass tree!! Your boss sounds like a dope, but maybe he's fine most of the time.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xsosboStKcg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tree topping fellas, Sorry for the neglect just been busy working hope ya'll like it. I was trying to copy MB's tee shirt. lol. Stripped a lot of the back limbs toward the house with the crane then i came down, slapped on a humboldt and let'r eat. Saw is a Ms261 my fav. Enjoy fellas. :D

Thank, flushcut. It was right next to the house, The crane wasn't big enough to pick the top out so i had to limb walk to the pine, climb to the top, tie in, come down , etc.....it took me about 1.5 hrs to get it to the topping part, i know i know i'm slow....lol...

He's actually ok most of the time. All this rain is getting to him too I think. He will openly admitt that he can't do the technical stuff. When he still worked, he was clearing, hacking up ornamentals, or wide open removals. I'll give him credit though. Since he took over the company has grown a lot. He keeps four tree crews, a lawn crew, and two landscape crews busy. He just picks the " best " times to be an ass.

Nice ch74 ( Charles is it?). That's always a rush when those tops go.
If I remember you joined this site green as could be( might be mistaken though but I'll continue anyhow). You learned from everyone here and now you're doing it. Funny how that works ain't it guys?
I'm no master yet but I'm getting there because of the wealth of knowledge on this forum.

Thanks Treebilly, and yes that was a tribute to the Site, For taking me from green to yellowish green...lol.:lol:.....I've been working on downloading that vid to my youtube page for a hour just to post it for ya'll....Yes sir it's Charles.

Thanks, woodslinger, im still building my confidence on just gaffs n flipline. But thanks man much appreciated.

Back