The Official Work Pictures Thread

899be434276dd2071f9cbab2214f2a44.jpg
dff5c6abc73ad2860a523cf0781b970f.jpg
6a170446c6073498b9bd5c84678b234f.jpg
146510af4655e88555b8206aa2236aa4.jpg
ab1df53ef1f4b3af9f4bc2612039e2df.jpg
41fc72ce09006c2ec3c6c83966ef0de5.jpg

Took the Ogre to town yesterday, fed it some diesel, and gave it some exercise. An oak and a silver maple in garden beds.

A bit of strategery, some good throws from in the tree including dropping limbs across other low limbs, some rigging and pole saw work. 7 buckets of mulch, firewood logs piled, about 10 man hours, not working too hard.

Killed a fir over a house, homeowner and son kept up pulling brush and stacking on their trailer, periodically hauling to their burn area. Soon will process into firewood for sale. Hard working family. I have another couple trees to climb and dump, and some 8'tall blackberries to Ogre out of the drop zone.

I might hire this 17 y.o. Markus kid, if he wants a job doing some things. He had had some little ventures. He wanted to start a band, and got some sound equipment. Markus Mixes. Markus Movers, Markus Mowing.

Up and down two or three times, solo job. Didn't feel like sports or ascenders for the bottom 13'. I wouldn't hurt it with the stuff I dropped, and how I dropped it. I was surrounded by rhododendrons. Care with limb marksmanship. :)

I knocked the top out, leaving the three long low limbs shown in the first picture that would have been the hard part of the tree. I crippled the road-side limb on the bottom, then pulled it over, clearing over the Rhodies, without going past the road into the forest on the other side of the road, which is the busy body neighbors' land.

It's a mini skid steer.

Sean you should probably call it what it is instead of a 'ogre' unless you like to be asked nearly daily what an ogre is.

True, Justin.

A mini with a BMG can swing a log club nicely.

Do I love having a mini!!!

Rajan calls his Sancho. I think they are fun names, but unclear.

My go to expression is, "The Ogre doesn't care!".

Need to plow through a thousand square feet of 8' high thorny, invasive blackberries, "the Ogre don't care, get a club". Actually the bucket works better if I have it.

Want 1000 pounds held up in the air all day? Ogre don't care.

Ogres aren't know for grammar.

The Ogre is so well trained, he doesn't need to be told twice what to do, he listens perfectly every time, unlike a groundie.

You should however put the name Ogre on the machine. I like names but haven't named the 340 yet...

I dropped a big white pine a few days ago. Hinge broke........went about 20° off the mark. Sorta scared me. Reminded me that I'm no pro. :|:

We had a blast today. We had 6 trees pieced down by 11 am. And chipped. Mike and I set to bucking the logs into firewood and moving the wood to a landing for pick up by a friend of the custy. Out by 2 pm. We go back tomorrow to cut a road and remove some brush for the next batch.
2 climbers and 3 ground.

Back