The Official Work Pictures Thread

I pulled up to the grain elevator to dump my thousand bushels of wheat. Expensive truck and trailer, lots of expensive tires, three batteries, on and on. Right next to me was a young guy with an F-600 ford truck carrying 250 bushels. We were both jealous. At times I would love to trade one of our Challengers off on your tracked cart Jay.

Important cherry tree and grapples to the left. No break-y anyting.
85002ea6cc10353f19df86c0620c7bbc.jpg

Other important tree was this maple.
492cb685b54dfd247aa0d00621096f55.jpg

I picked up the small end of the log, placed a fulcrum in the middle somewhat, them could pick up the big end and swing it, with a lot of the weight on the fulcrum log. If I needed, I could have walked it around the yard.

Tired.

Funny how the homeowner has these two little trees to protect as we are logging 34"- 46 firs next to it. Hoping for a good tip.

Easy to underestimate on such a bug tree.

First two trees yielded something going on two cords of 3"+ limb wood for them to cut to length for their new wood fired cedar hot tub.
Another 3+ cord in non marketable firewood. Long butting 8' to try to avoid metal.

Boxer, Wraptor and some ground men go a long way. Oh, and the grapple truck. Too much to be worth chipping when I can forward it out to the road easily.

Already chipped the homeowners 10 yards in the back yard, and 5 in the truck. Had the grapple truck service for hauling logs anyhow.

Wonder if PG&E might unload one now and then. That cart easily loads into my small truck. I bet you could find use for one around your place as well.

Nice BOTS, finally rain today... hopefully we can get a handle on these fires, cough, cough. Here's you making the flush cut. :)

Thanks Brian!...man that smoke was thick :|::|:..can still see the hiviz orange though :D

Wonder if PG&E might unload one now and then. That cart easily loads into my small truck. I bet you could find use for one around your place as well.

Only time I ever see them around is when they hit the saw shop for some repairs. Rare... but they are out there. The guys told me they use them a lot for moving a transformer or gear up slopes to the poles out yonder. Some of the out yonder is helo placed poles.

Changed my user name to........ BOTS....... lot shorter than 'black oak tree service'....does that work for ya all? ok good ;) ;)

Oh, just wanted to thank that unbelievable extra pitchy pine for gumming up all my friction hitches and ropes :|::|:

Aside from a subcontractor hauler, I worked solo today, and will again tomorrow.

4311be42b3ce69d28a290673013bcf65.jpg

Had to bring out Dan's grapple from the yard.

600dd87a81c440bea2061ea98799872e.jpg

The Bagster isn't available locally, only online. Coming soon.

f150d5a8ccccc085588ebd5e9b5b38f6.jpg

Last night before leaving... Today I stacked and forwarded yesterday's mess, made and stacked half that canopy, and helped guide in and load logs.

With the help of the Wraptor, it was easier to limb walk and strip out the big lower limbs, then drop the brushy ends. Next trip up, take off the fire wood, them more brushy ends on top. At least a cord of limb firewood per tree.

Worn wore low top shoes all day. Spurs and boots tomorrow. Hope to get all but the 60-70' butt down tomorrow. Maybe, it too.

I shot all the way into the top of the tree several times, but couldn't get the 16 ounce weight down.

It's great to have an Ogre.
5e1837bd1837f33ef54a1c8ad9d5b5e3.jpg

The one neighbor was anxious, to say the least (nutbag). So far, knock wood, only one dented rose cage at the other neighbors house (I hate when things don't break clean, hang vertical, then springs off the limb's tips).

I love my clean up bags. Handy buggers. Mine are small by comparison. But they are easy on the personnel if they have to be dragged around where the mini can not go

We bought some of those reusable bags where the bottom drops out when you're ready. Works a treat!

Back