The Official Work Pictures Thread

I would much rather write a check for a Wraptor with money in the bank than credit card payment, but its really like financing the loader. The loader definitely saved me $374.xx this month (plus the insurance).

os7ic0.jpg

Wraptor made me money yesterday..
So much smoke from the fires we are having.
I SRT the first oak and SRTWP the whole thing. Come down with my eyes and lungs burning. Did three more 50 foot ascents with the Wraptor with out running out of breath. Collected a check instead of rescheduling.
Just sayin

If I'm honest it's a POS, completely surplus to requirements now I have the kubota with loader and grab.
I'll move it on without even using it, if I can get my money back I'll be happy.
Live and learn

Yes Peter, it would be ideal In the UK, with tight passages, long drags etc, had thought that myself.
But I'm rather hoist on my own petard there.

Twice topped Deodor cedars. This apartment complex has had these trees topped at least twice (most likely twice, by all indications).

'After' rough building clearance prune. View from street. Closer tree is shown below.
y8a7ehe5.jpg

Notch through which my SRT line redirected, after cleaning broken limbs. photo taken from between the two trees at the end of the building. 90 degrees clockwise from first photo.
ba3eta7e.jpg

Broken redirection limb.
6y8y8y8y.jpg

Baffling how fast the internet and electricity is. I just posted these pics from my phone, picked up my mouse to refresh my desk top, scrolled down, already there. Less than a second or two, max. Easier to add text from the keyboard.

Anyhow, I broke an SRT TIP/ Redirection point. I wasn't surprised, and it was inconsequential.

These deodor cedars have been twice topped. This was number 38 of 39. I was able to throw a line over the top, and snagged some regrowth, bent it over, bounced it a good bit. No problem, they were partially resting on other stuff, with a big lead below it a foot or so, with 80-100' of red and white XTC. My lanyard is orange and white. After hanging and setting my rope walker, I felt it suddenly settle, as the piece cracked significantly, but didn't break free, as it came to rest on the 6-7" leader below it.

I agree, if the price of a decent TD cannot stand another 100 quid/euros/dollars for a casual dragger you're doing it wrong.

I know Im doing it wrong but Ive been doing it wrong for so long why change now. I need to hire help for Coxs tree and Ropetek and Im sure in the long run Id make way more money. However I have never had financial obligations and hate to fire folks so am very slow to hire.

KEEP IT LEAN

Got the big oak down today. Tomorrow will be wood-hauling...all day....

First two pics are right after we got back from lunch. Last two are three hours later.

I know Im doing it wrong but Ive been doing it wrong for so long why change now. I need to hire help for Coxs tree and Ropetek and Im sure in the long run Id make way more money. However I have never had financial obligations and hate to fire folks so am very slow to hire.

KEEP IT LEAN
Don't quite follow, but what I'm saying is that on a big clear up, I always try to get a bloke from the pub, brothers aunties mate, your mate who is between jobs,whoever, to help out the groundy.
Cost is negligible. No need to hire anyone permenantly

Back