The Official Work Pictures Thread

20230603_125958.jpg 20230603_130005.jpg 20230603_130010.jpg 20230603_130500.jpg

This was interesting to climb above. Pushed a small top off when I knew it wouldn't tangle with the adjacent tree crown. I was tied in on about a 45⁰ angle to the adjacent tree, about 15 -20' away, in case it started to buckle.
There's a fence and small primaries next to tree.

Last shot is Miriam feeding the top into the chipper.
She's a beast.
The other day, there was a jar of oats on the top shelf that neither of us could reach; she squatted down and picked me up around my thighs. I weigh slightly in excess of 150% of her. Funny!!

@flushcut Great action shots of the tree chunk-down! Were you using a normal smart phone to take those pictures? The shutter speed would have to be pretty high for those logs to not blur whatsoever. Either you're using an actual camera or smartphone technology is surpassing what I thought it was currently capable of!

@flushcut Great action shots of the tree chunk-down! Were you using a normal smart phone to take those pictures? The shutter speed would have to be pretty high for those logs to not blur whatsoever. Either you're using an actual camera or smartphone technology is surpassing what I thought it was currently capable of!
Iphone 13

Yes I wondered why you do so much self lowering?
I remember Maximalist introducing himself at the Treehouse with a video of cutting a top or big chunk of stem, putting his saw on the carrytool and then grabbing the rigging rope and lowering the wood all in a fraction of a second. Some commented about safety issues at the time. I feel like it’s “double jeopardy” to rake him over the coals again.
Cory, I don’t mean this directed at you. You just asked a question. I am talking more generally about potential future dragging.

Last edited:
Simply a question. He does very well at self lowering yet self lowering is obviously more of a pita than having a good ground man on the ropes, therefore, The Question. If he gets it done without a good ground man well then more power to him.

Back