The Official Work Pictures Thread

Hey Rich, ever use thé glad hands or “friendship” the slings….
The pic shows the slings overlapping and binding…. the way I mentioned is the sling comes down from hook and goes through other slings shackle around wood to other sling directly…. Like a barrel pick…. The same sling doesn’t attach to itself but rather the other sling…. Just 2 cents from way over here. Cranes are such fun and huge responsibility. Good job!

Cory…. The stumps are being ground…. Smooth pasture. They get up to 160’

:)

The pic shows the slings overlapping and binding…. the way I mentioned is the sling comes down from hook and goes through other slings shackle around wood to other sling directly…. Like a barrel pick…. The same sling doesn’t attach to itself but rather the other sling…. Just 2 cents from way over here. Cranes are such fun and huge responsibility. Good job!

I’ve heard that called “the secret handshake”. I’ve never had the need. I’ve got one set of slings longer than what I used on the last pick. If I need better sling angles after those are out I just shackle a 16’ to each leg.

Is @Bodean 's method easier to hook up/equalize I wonder?

I use Rich's method and on some pieces it can be a hassle to equalize

I can appreciate saving a half wrap.

Does it equalize any easier b/c that can be a hassle on some pieces that are extra large and/or have weird/irregular shapes

Can you provide a picture of this technique? I know I saw it in a rigging handbook long ago but I can’t remember how to do it.

Yo even though it's been described nicely above, I had to go out to my workbench and use a couple pieces of cord with mini biners serving as shackles and try to choke a water bottle as the log to try understand it. It took me at least 5 min to figure it out but I think I got it. Seems quick and easy and you only have to hook up one screw shackle (if that is what you are using) instead of two

Last edited:
If I'm correct in my shop experiment, it seems like it would be noticeably faster to hook up than the standard method.

Back