The Official TreeHouse Martial Arts Thread!

One of the most UFC memorable beats downs in memory. A TKO stoppage when the fighter is still standing is always pretty serious. Couldn't happen to a nicer person, it would seem

I never could understand the whole thing with Ronda. Excellent at Judo. Absolutely terrible at most other things other than trying to look mean and making people think she was the best in the world.

Apart from Holly Holm being pretty fit. I loved the moment when she put Rondas lights out with a head kick. Ronda, IMO, had it coming and deserved every stitch she received to repair her face.

Ok, a lil martial arts in the rest room, mma/wrestling vs football

As for those two in the receiving end of the beating... they deserved everything they got.

Typical pussies.

They play a team sport and then act all hard and the big man. In the video they are clearly instigating the fight yet the articles says they are trying to press charges against the other two guys.

friggin' pussies, if you are gonna act a prick and start fights, dont go running to mammy when you get your arses kicked.

Typical Jock move.

That was a most enjoyable video :lol:
As for Rousey, she was pretty much the queen of the arm bar.
I enjoyed watching her fight and just wait for the moment she got it in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Its of course difficult to tell a lot from a brief cell phone vid, but what do you think of the level of beating the second guy appeared to take- looked like serious GnP to a possible unconscious person. Appropriate? Excessive? Could the beater be in for legal charges against him?

He went a smidgen over the top IMO.
But you know how it is, once you get going, it is hard to stop.
I just enjoyed the video because I thought the guy had it coming.

Besides, when I teach self defence I always tell students, once you've reached condition black, keep going till the guy is out.

I look at it as the second guy was the one who laid hands first.

Maybe he shouldn’t have tried to act like Mr Big and try to intimidate the two smaller fellas.

The scenario wouldn’t have played out that way if he had minded his own business, took a piss and left the bathroom.

It happened to my old Thai Boxing instructor and good friend, whilst we were at Uni. Two or three guys, one was the captain of the Football team and was arguing with the bouncer. My mate walked in and spotted the footy players from uni. He also knew the bouncer, so tried to have word to sort it out.

The captain of the footy team was about 6’4” and told Phil (my mate) to F off. He then tried to head butt Phil, who saw it coming. The guy broke his nose on the top of Phil’s head. Footy players chucked out and we carried on drinking.

Next day I heard Phil had been arrested. He had walked to the 24h gas station for bread and milk. They spotted him and tried to jump Phil. He picked the guy with the bust nose. He fought southpaw and hit him with a lead right hook (cracked cheekbone), left high kick to the jaw (fractured jaw) and right knee as he was going down (fractured ribs). Phil turned and shouted who’s f’ing next and the other guys had run off.

All caught on CCTV at the gas station. Phil was offered a caution by the police for GBH but declined as he couldn’t have it on his fight record. At the time he was Commonwealth Kickboxing champ and European Muay Thai champ.

He went to court and got stitched up by the CPS. (Crown Prosecution Service) 3 years in a max security facility in Liverpool for defending himself.

Geezus!

That's a crazy move, cocking your head forward to check a head butt!

Based on the info presented, sounds like he got a raw deal by CPS. Well, at least we know he had no trouble in prison, or maybe just once....

Crooked setup... Too bad they got ended up in prison... Totally wrong. I've seen similar from football players at Ohio State. one of our top bando guys was training at the football field where Woody Hayes had his team practicing. The star fullback started making fun of our Bando guy and how he was training and doing sideways cross-steping drills. Our guy, Rick, waited for the football player to make a move and then Rick shin kicked him in the thigh... It broke his femur. I have seen Rick shin kick and break a 2x4. He's the real deal.

American football players really suck at takedown defense! They are taught to stretch for yards or block and fall with your man. Tight waist back arch throws are potentially lethal and to be avoided at all costs in a street brawl.

If I was pissing at the urinal there and any of those clowns 🤡 bumped me and made me splash myself. I would piss allover them with what ever I had left and beat all 4 with my junk hanging out. I did it already and had to do community service for it. My buddy said now it might be considered sexual assault. Luckily I don't drink as much and quarantine has everything closed.

Funny and interesting interview with ufc vet Matt Brown

I heard but am not going to watch that Cory. Seen it quite a few times and it turns my stomach.

Kind of ironic though, Andersen Silva kicked Weidman and broke his leg a few years ago. Weidman ran around wooping and hollowing, claiming it was a master move amd he had trained for. Bull shit, he should have shown some humility and helped Silva.

Around the same time, Gokan Saki was fighting against Tyrone Sprong. Same thing happened. Sprong kicked Saki and Sprong’s leg broke.

Saki saw immediately and almost caught his opponent as he falling in agony and then within a second he was calling the ref, medics and corner team in as Sprong was in so much distress.

That is the difference between UFC MMA and kickboxing/Muay Thai.

I do feel that ONE FC MMA fighters promotes the martial arts code much more than UFC.

If you want to use your shin as a weapon, you have to harden it and build up bone tissue.
Kicking truck tires, hitting your shin with a wine bottle, stuff like that.
Back in my Kyokushin karate days, I once talked to Michel Wedel, a Dutch champion, who has several times broken the leg of opponents, about shin hardening.
He told me that when he was walking the dog, he'd kick electric line poles with his bare shin :" When you look up and the lines are vibrating, you are doing it right".

Yeah, no thanks!:O

masdival is a savage but he got ktfo last nite. Classy in defeat

Anybody catch the main event last nite? Czech Jiri Prochazka demolished the very tough, skilled, and game Domic Reyes in 1.5 rounds. One of the best fights I've seen in a long time. Jiri looks like a monster. Long reach, iron chin, very unconventional movement, very strong with excellent cardio. A definite problem for the 205ers. Hella fight. He embraces the Bushido martial arts code apparently. Martial arts got him off the streets fighting and changed his life.

It was the main event and all UFC main events are 5 rounds.

Yes, Jan is the champ. He is supposed to defend his title vs grappler Glover Texiera and Jiri is supposed to face the winner of that bout.

Reye's KO was brutal. I felt kinda bad for him, fighting hard and end up getting face planted. on the canvas. He looked like he'd been in a bad car wreck, while Jiri had only a small , mild abrasion on his forehead.

did any aficionados catch last weekend's ufc 262?

One fight featured world class bbj star Jacare receiving a brutal broken arm via arm bar, and another was huge delayed-reaction KO following a mean combo to a fighter's dome, and most significantly, a huge win in the main event by Brazilian bjj ace Charles Oliviera who KOd former Bellator world champ Michael Chandler early in rd 2 after a crazy back and forth rd 1. Main event was straight fire.

Last edited:
Back