The Official Random Video Thread!

Good chit.

How did the perp survive? And for you lawyers out there, is the victim in trouble for running down an assailant who was fleeing?

How did the perp survive? And for you lawyers out there, is the victim in trouble for running down an assailant who was fleeing?

Oh yeah, Cory. A woke prosecutor could surely find the victim guilty of assault with a deadly weapon. They should've let the robber flee, and file a police report instead.

But we all know, there's no justice like instant justice. Get'em if you can without harm to others.

thanks Gerry for posting, I sent it to my BIL who has it

This video shows a snail with larvae of the Leucochloridium paradoxus worm in its body. Adults of this worm live in the bodies of birds, and the snail serves as an intermediate host for it.

- Leucochloridium penetrate into the horns of snails — through the skin you can see how they pulsate there in a characteristic way. This provokes birds, which are the next host in the worm's life cycle, to tear off and eat the affected tentacles, mistaking them for insects.

- Worm larvae also manipulate the behavior of snails. Is this due to the fact that snails have eyes at the ends of tentacles, or are there some less direct physiological mechanisms involved, but somehow Leucochloridium manages to change the snail's attitude to light.

- Negative phototaxis, which is the norm, gives way in infected individuals to the desire to get into the light. This leads them to open areas where, presumably, they are more likely to become prey for birds.

@Maximalist - Nature is so clever. That poor snail is probably like, "what the f*ck, man! Stop making my antennae pulsate like a bad 80's strobe lamp! Can't you see there are birds everywhere?!"

Those larvae are clearly adept at identifying the anatomy of a snail. And likely birds as well, which is fascinating because the only thing those two species have in common (to my knowledge) is the feeding cycle of the bird.

Was this really necessary? Or just done for spite? Seems like they could have easily gone around the back of the car, or even under it.

As a fireman, no way to go around (that's 5" hydrant hose, and they couldn't bend it to go around), and even if they could, it would impede the water flow. Pretty smart way to deal with that scenario.

aight, here's to the crazy chit you can find online, and the crazy chit humans do. The vid is about learning how to sing/scream like heavy metal vocalists. Yes I realize that may not be your cup of tea but I have often wondered how some of those folks are able to do that with their voices- is it innate? Learned?

Well, apparently it can be learned, which is kind of fascinating when you consider that for most of us such vocal sounds are impossible to make.

And where do you lean it??

On Youtube of course

Go to 2:25 for the quick insight.

Practice!!

Another way to consider this type of vocalization is that you are learning the Batman voice

I'm seen tutorials on videos for men who do voiceovers or just want to learn how to talk like a female (and visa versa) who can use a variety of different extremely accurate female voices. Most of them are just straight guys who learned at a young age that their party trick was sounding like a female. It's pretty impressive, but I have no use for learning it. Just like, as @CurSedVoyce said, my attempts to scream along to metal music or scream at all makes my throat scratchy and just like I don't really have a need for the batman voice. But I totally support anyone who does. There are a number of channels where girls teach women how to talk more like men and your teacher will be a tiny girl with a normal girl voice and then she'll suddenly pull out this deep bass man voice and you're like, "how?!" I'm comfortable with my voice, singing or otherwise haha

Back