The MS150 Has Arrived

Have fun Randy make it while it's there8). I'm on a 2 week vacation that started Thanksgiving :D.

True Willard, bet I would've broke a 1/4" a few times with my unexperienced pinched cuts. :lol:

The small quarter pitch chain seems to suit the small radius bar noses on other small saws. Can you use standard .250 pitch chain on it, the carving type? Years of using that type chain for cutting (tree work not carving) and never have seen one break.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jon seems to think he hit a nail or something with the first chain. I didn't see any other damage besides the two broken teeth though.

The bar is .043 gauge, and I've not seen any other 1/4" pitch in that gauge.....

New here. Great site.

Love this thread on the MS 150. Just picked-up a T C-E model last weekend and I'm looking forward to getting it in a tree!

John

Thanks Randy. I've been following many of your threads on the this site and on the "other" one. I'm really impressed with what you can do with a saw!

John

Yep...welcome to the House. Pull up a log and sit around the fire with us.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ib3wP6SlaPU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Welcome to the house! You don't have to say "Other site" here, you can refer to them by name without getting banned!

Butch don't mind if you speak openly about an other sites here. That's one reason I like Treehouse so much. This is a "real" place.....

Hi new guy...

As for the 150, I'd love to have one. I just switched to one of those lightweight bars on my 200 in an attempt to reduce the weight a bit (got one off ebay for $20)
Deadwooding eucalyptus the dead branches are a bit of a struggle even for my zubat... I reckon the time saved would offset the 7lbs of saw vs my silky...
I guess it depends on the kind of wood one deals with on a regular basis, some trees you can go all day with the silky and secateurs...others you wish you had the saw...but didn't want to lug the weight and bulk of the 200 around so you make do...some trees its a no brainer for the 200. I reckon the 150 would fill that gap between silky and 200 if one does a lot of pruning.

Just another excuse to add to the saw collection as well doncha know!

The worst thing about the 150 is I have started one handing again which is a habit I had just about succeeded in kicking.

You can, but you either have to weld a popup on the piston, or find a way to raise the crank. I've counter bored the bearing pockets on a Wildthing and raised the crank.....but that was just to see if I could.

Welcome to The Treehouse Brad.

You can, but you either have to weld a popup on the piston, or find a way to raise the crank. I've counter bored the bearing pockets on a Wildthing and raised the crank.....but that was just to see if I could.

Welcome to The Treehouse Brad.

I have been signed up here over a year, just didn't post here so these guys don't know how big of a dumbass I am YET.

Back