The MS150 Has Arrived

This is a cool place that Butch has here.....

I agree. I was asking about the clamshell because I have a 352 Echo that could use more power and I think a boost in compression would do wonders for it. I always find myself grabbing it because of the weight.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree. I was asking about the clamshell because I have a 352 Echo that could use more power and I think a boost in compression would do wonders for it. I always find myself grabbing it because of the weight.

I've have Wiggs do a few welded popups......for shits and giggles mostly, but they will work.

Brad, perhaps modifying the muffler on your saw would boost the power somewhat. Offhand, an Echo might not be your best choice to go experimental. Be happy to have one that runs well to it's stock potential, and that has longevity

Welcome to the Treehouse.

Brad, perhaps modifying the muffler on your saw would boost the power somewhat. Offhand, an Echo might not be your best choice to go experimental.

Welcome to the Treehouse.
I have opened the muffler and did away with the catalytic. It runs pretty good but I always want more. Randy did a cs600p Echo for me a couple of years ago that really has power for 60cc. I run a 28" bar when I need it but usually a 24.

Bradley David Snelling is more of a hobbiest type engine builder .He does so because he enjoys it kind of like myself .

I run into him about two three times a year .The last he had a Mall model 6 totaly restored. The finest example of a rebuilt refurbished Mall chainsaw I've ever seen .

Ole Brad spends way more money on chainsaws than I do .I do old delicts,ressurect them from the dead pile and give them a new lease on life much faster than they were ever designed to run .Damn Bradley gets brand new ones and tinkers on them .Too rich for my blood .

That is one thing about Echos that is good. You just can't seem to kill them. I have a 3400 that fell out of my loader bucket and got run over by an 85 horse tractor tire. Broke the bar and cracked the handle. New bar and a little tape, good to go. It actually mushed the body of the saw in to the mud.

My son has an Echo without a chain brake. When he goes to the shop to order parts they laugh about how old it is. Still gets parts for it. He is always complaining about how slow it is compared to my saws. Won't quit though.

I picked up a file kit and files for the 150 about a month ago....

Files# 5605 007 1000 (6 in box)

File kit# 5605 771 3206

Up until I started using this saw those were my thoughts also, Burnham. In fact, due to its high cost, there is a good chance I never would have even bothered trying it. But my local Stihl dealer just handed me one to try, so I thought why not. So glad I did.

A large part of my work these days involve trimming, so I was able to put it to work right away. I even used it the other day to rid a 130' tall, 68' spread Ponderosa pine of all of its petrified deadwood. It is exceedingly light and compact, more so than it looks. But even more impressive is how smooth it runs and cuts. It transmits very little vibration to either hands or cut. It is this cutting smoothness that I am most impressed with. I can make reduction cuts faster, easier and with more precision than I can with a hand saw. There is no branch chatter, no handsaw wiggle, just zip and the tip is gone leaving behind a smooth clean cut.

Dealing with its power limitations takes some getting used to but even in stock form it saves lots of energy and time on trim jobs. Now my only hope is that it lasts a good long time.

David

Like I said in an earlier post in this thread...when DMc says something, I pay attention. As I am now.
:)

I didn't tried myself but just sew one running. I was wrecking a maple and the boss was on the ground with the ms150, dismantling the limbs. She was surprisingly smooth and efficient, even with full length bury in this hard wood.
Looks like a toy, overall with the tinny little chain, but she amazed me. And the boss too, he loves it. An other interesting point, the very small bar's radius gives almost no kickback tendency.

I didn't tried myself but just sew one running. I was wrecking a maple and the boss was on the ground with the ms150, dismantling the limbs. She was surprisingly smooth and efficient, even with full length bury in this hard wood.
Looks like a toy, overall with the tinny little chain, but she amazed me. And the boss too, he loves it. An other interesting point, the very small bar's radius gives almost no kickback tendency.

Used the MS 150tce in redwood for a while yesterday. Overall works very well. Need to adjust the carb a little as it's a little touchy once cooled down (need to feather the throttle to get rpms up and then she cuts well). The light weight of the saw is a real treat!

... Need to adjust the carb a little as it's a little touchy once cooled down (need to feather the throttle to get rpms up and then she cuts well)...

My saw displayed the same symptoms when it was new but now those fussy restart problems are gone. I think things are pretty tight inside that little 150 and need time to properly seat.

David

I can't say enough about it. Are there any plans for electric? This light, more torque, no pull starting. I really think my 201 has lost it's job for everything but large removals.

The 150 is awesome, very handy tool, I've seen BOTS tear it up with that little saw.

Kevin, Wouter has been rockin' this little Husky for a while now and raves about it…

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dZwA9JSaUis?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back