The Movie/TV/New Releases Thread

Seagal once had great Aikido skills, spent lots of years in a dojo in Japan, and was married to his teacher's daughter for awhile. Too bad he seems to have let himself get fat and puffy over the years. These days, too much manipulating of the camera to make him look good, and the toupee just doesn't cut it.
:thumbdown:

He used to do some interesting things on film, like the movie where he was a cook on a navy ship that was hijacked, and he stabbed one of the bad guys in the head and shoved it through a radar screen. :thumbup:

I love the movie where Seagal portrays an American Indian, meets his animal spirit guide, a bear, and kills him. That one had me laughing.

I think Stephen, Wesley Snipes and Van Damme should do a big budget comeback movie.

Somebody already thought of that, I guess that's why it went to tv. Chuck might have saved it. :)

STEVEN SEAGAL is at the centre of a legal battle between rival TV bosses over a new reality show

One of the ideas pitched to the TV bosses was a show featuring Seagal, Chuck Norris and Jean-Claude Van Damme all living together

http://blog.taragana.com/e/2009/08/25/legal-row-over-seagal-reality-show-27588/

which opens the door to: Chuck Norris Facts!!!insert cheezy gameshow tune then read on :
Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.

The chief export of Chuck Norris is Pain.

There is no chin under Chuck Norris' Beard. There is only another fist.

Chuck Norris has two speeds. Walk, and Kill.

The leading causes of death in the United States are: 1. Heart Disease 2. Chuck Norris 3. Cancer.

Chuck Norris drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls.

Saw Inglorious Basterds last night. Not bad for Tarantino, definitely a lot better than the Grindhouse movies. Lots of classic Tarantino/Coen-esque twists and drama. Kind of a disappointing ending but not bad by any stretch.

If you liked Pulp Fiction you'll probably like it.

Hey thanks for the movie review blinky. Pulp fiction is a classic and I agree that grindhouse was so so. But after all, its not like grindhouse was ever promoted as a real movie.
I liked those chicks kicking ass on deathproof

I liked Pulp Fiction alot but this movie was overall lame, though entertaining at times. Maybe next he'll do a film on 9/11 where the the passengers subdue the hijackers and all the planes land safely.

I liked Pulp Fiction alot but this movie was overall lame, though entertaining at times. Maybe next he'll do a film on 9/11 where the the passengers subdue the hijackers and all the planes land safely.

That's dangerously close to a spoiler... but that's also the weak aspect of the film too. I thought Brad Pitt was great, he pretty well nailed the East Tennessee accent although he took it over the top a few times. I coulda used less dialog and more carving and killing nazis. I like the Coen/Tarantino style of beginning with lots of disparate characters and then weaving them together in some weird, improbable climax.

I actually thought the Grindhouse stuff was fun, but like you say, it wasn't like they were supposed to be highly produced movies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh yes!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IbQXxNWNxyY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IbQXxNWNxyY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I just saw Inglorious Basque Herds and feel ripped off. There wasn't a single nazi to be found, just a bunch of funny talking guys surrounded by sheep. That's the last time I see a first run movie at the $2 Cinema here.

Ha OM. My parents were friends with a spanish basque couple when we were kids. They had relatives that ran sheep around Shoshone.

4th kind looks pretty good Butch,

Seeing Inglorious Bastardos in a couple days, see how it is...

just watched angels and demons. It was pretty good hard to follow like the da vinci code though.:?

Or you could watch the Fifth Element again. I get the feeling that the Fourth Kind is a stinker.

I haven't seen the sheep herders yet, but Gamer was alot like Death Race, with a predictable ending. Still a decent film, however.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
HOLA!

This is gonna be awesome.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C6RU5y2fU6s?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C6RU5y2fU6s?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

It was good, but it's an action flick. I enjoyed it, but I didn't find anything profound.

Rocky is in hella good shape!

Back