The Last APTA

Not yet...I hope to get with Alex tomorrow and shoot it a few times.

Question...the trigger/handle/release valve is pretty stiff...Maybe I need some oil on the pivot shaft to make it easier to manipulate the firing lever? It is stiff enough that it will hard to fire it while still keeping the target sighted in.

I loosened the nut on the shaft that it pivots on but that did not really help...the small cap on top of the shaft did come off. I put it back on but don't think it will stay. There was a hole under the cap...is that a safety valve of some sort?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I dont know about any safety features inside the ball valve. I do know that stiffer is better in terms of preventing an accidental discharge. You can set it to closed and shoot some dry graphite lube down the barrel, then open it and shot some more. Try working it back and forth then...

You dont want to open the valve too slowly or it will not get good velocity...Its a balance between opening it quickly and not jerking it off target.

On mine you gotta just commit to pulling that lever, tighten up the upper body a little bit, trust it, and pull. Its going to go perfect with the fire truck Gary:D cool!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am dying to here how it fires for you Gary.

My experience was that they are so heavy that the lever doesnt pull it off as much as you would think. If its an issue it should be consistent so compensating your aim a bit to the right would likely fix it. Just like shooting a rifle in the wind.

Make sure to put the bag in with the ring side down, it definitely fires better that way I think.

Practice, practice, practice... I don't quite have a Firetruck like Gary (so jealous), but I've got a plan to have a compressor and generator mounted on the F700, somewhere also to mount my APTA to really streamline setting a line.

this seems nice and compact.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q508d3k9518?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back