The Joke/Funny Pic/Video Thread

I don't get it. You can buy a new shopping cart for $99-200 and you can even buy a cart corral for $1K. But this specifically mentions operating cost, which is probably a few cents per day since you probably only have to lube the wheels up evey few months after cleaning the grit and crap out of each wheel's axle, Maybe you spend a few cents per day sanitizing each cart at the end of a shift or end of a supermarket day. The cost of attending to a fleet of carts and moving them around is maybe a few people making minimum wage, but we're discussing one cart.

Three people seemed to understand this joke, but it went over my head. Can someone explain it to me, please? I promise I'm not being a dick. I just don't get it and need help. I'm sure there's some nuanced humor involved here.
And here I thought I was the one with the cramped funnybone :).
;)

And here I thought I was the one with the cramped funnybone :).
;)
Except I respectfully accepted your cramped funny bone and adjusted my posts to accommodate your inability to appreciate dad jokes and you respectfully called me out for my cramped funny bone seemingly just because you felt the need to try to level the playing field.

You have just been served. 8)

Last edited:
Knothead...you misunderstand a fundamental aspect of my posts. If I add a smiley or grinning emoticon, the content of my post should not be taken as serious. It's another form of humor. I said stop with the dad jokes like someone else might say, "stop with the jokes, yer killin' me with how fun they are" as they laugh at them.

My comment about your lack of understanding of a very simple joke regarding the grocery cart that everyone but you understand was posted in humor, not derogatory style, as shown by the smile and wink.

You maybe need to get over yourself some. This is said seriously...see, no smile.

Knothead...you misunderstand a fundamental aspect of my posts. If I add a smiley or grinning emoticon, the content of my post should not be taken as serious. It's another form of humor. I said stop with the dad jokes like someone else might say, "stop with the jokes, yer killin' me with how fun they are" as they laugh at them.

My comment about your lack of understanding of a very simple joke regarding the grocery cart that everyone but you understand was posted in humor, not derogatory style, as shown by the smile and wink.

You maybe need to get over yourself some. This is said seriously...see, no smile.
You smile and wink with practically every post. It's hard to tell when they are meaninful, disingenuous or distractions anymore.

My point was that I was polite and respectful when you quite literally asked me to stop with my dad jokes. You insisted that I desist from enjoying a certain type of humor. Your emojis could have been to help reduce tension.

So when I show my own failure to enjoy someone elses humor, it would seem intuitive to me that, since I just gave you a pass, you might give me a pass.

I hope that makes sense.

I admit I tend to take things very literally. I'm on the spectrum. You all know that.

@Burnham I apologize if I misinterpreted you. But can you see why I have no reason to feel badly about you saying what you don't actually mean? Especially on the internet, it's important to say what you mean and mean what you say. You know I like to break balls just like the rest of you, but don't pretend like what you said wasn't confusing...even to someone without a hint of autism.

You quite literally told me to stop. If you were having sex with someone and they said, "please, please stop," but they did it with a smile on their face that said "keep f*cking me," you would probably stop despite the facial expression (much like emojis) suggesting that they might still be into the sexual encounter. At least until you verified what your partner actually meant. Why is this any different? I give your words 90% of the value of any discussion and the emojis are 10%. Are you really going to tell me that you don't think that someone else might not misunderstand you like I did?

If you meant no harm, let's just move on. We're good, @Burnham. I don't hold grudges. I hope you don't either.

Knotorious, if one takes the time to add a smiley meaning that's humor, well, that's humor, period.
He worries enough about your understanding to give you an clue about the real meaning of what he just said. Humor, joke, or sarcastic, it could very well mean the opposite of the actual sentence.
If he wanted to smooth the effect on you and not hurt too badly your feeling/mood like you pretend, he would have used an other wording, like choosen words, really polite, diplomatic...

You claimed a couple times that you are a master in humor.
Me, I just see that you fail every time to recognize the humor when it comes from the other people. Juste take the time to evaluate the possible meanings beyond the words and not jump on your keyboard to send your too frequent butt-hurt reply.

Knotorious, if one takes the time to add a smiley meaning that's humor, well, that's humor, period.
He worries enough about your understanding to give you an clue about the real meaning of what he just said. Humor, joke, or sarcastic, it could very well mean the opposite of the actual sentence.
If he wanted to smooth the effect on you and not hurt too badly your feeling/mood like you pretend, he would have used an other wording, like choosen words, really polite, diplomatic...

You claimed a couple times that you are a master in humor.
Me, I just see that you fail every time to recognize the humor when it comes from the other people. Juste take the time to evaluate the possible meanings beyond the words and not jump on your keyboard to send your too frequent butt-hurt reply.
All I needed was to read your first sentence to know you understand little about psychology. I thought he was being domineering and using the emojis to help diffuse his strong tone.

I never claimed to be a master *of* humor. Show me one example of this. I bet you cannot.

I took the time to evaluate every possible meaning. Why would I choose NOT to take a man literally over choosing to interpret his words artistically? I take a man at his word. Some stupid emojis hardly suggest to me that a man is being disingenuous and saying something he isn't actually saying. It suggests to me he's being literal with a smile on his face.

So if I call you a "piece of shit with absolutely zero decorum and psychological intellect" and add a smiley face afterwards, are you supposed to know that I was joking? By your own logic, you should.

It was a joke. You should know that.

I have a hard time when people say what things are not and what they don't want.

It is a common way some people communicate, for no known to me reason.

My ex- wife wouldasay what she didn't want, as a rule. "Well, I don't want ____".
When I said that saying what she didn't want ruled out one of countless possibilities, and asked what she did want, she would get mad.

Why would one ask if its worth considering if someone is saying something subtly, colorfully, comedically, jokingly, rather than literally?

Because those are ways people commonly communicate.

If this was directed at me, I never said anything WAS or WASN'T.

I simply shared my personal oipinon and perspectives. Reread my message. I'm not that ignorant.

Stop gangbanging me. I only kept talking because @Marc-Antoine continued the conversation and I had to defend myself.

Jesus Christ. Bias much?

Also, consider, some people move on with their day.

I'm commonly here for the laughs, BSing, camaraderie, etc, along with factual exchange.

Arguing about who said the exactly right thing is of little interest to some.

Maybe you moved on with your day, but you're not the only person on this forum. I just got called out by a senior member spreading misinformation.

So if I want @Marc-Antoine to show me some poof, I feel entitled to it. If you had truly moved on, you wouldn't have further exacerbated this argument.

So if I call you a "piece of shit with absolutely zero decorum and psychological intellect" and add a smiley face afterwards, are you supposed to know that I was joking? By your own logic, you should.
I do.
The smileys are used well over 10% of meaning in a sentence. Actually they can even stand alone to express something. It's an important complement to communicate through the somewhat impersonal/contactless net.
I never claimed to be a master *of* humor. Show me one example of this. I bet you cannot.
Actually, you did, at least a couple times. Now, if you want an evidence, you have to find it your self because I'm not willing to spend hours in reading again your 1770 or so posts on this forum. Sorry to disappoint you.

I do.
The smileys are used well over 10% of meaning in a sentence. Actually they can even stand alone to express something. It's an important complement to communicate through the somewhat impersonal/contactless net.

Actually, you did, at least a couple times. Now, if you want an evidence, you have to find it your self because I'm not willing to spend hours in reading again your 1770 or so posts on this forum. Sorry to disappoint you.
Dude, you're gaslighting me. You can't find proof, but you can use that "proof" in an argument against me? That's ultra convenient. You're not worth my time. I knew you wouldn't be able to back up your claims. I would have respected you more had you conceded.

Also, consider, some people move on with their day.

I'm commonly here for the laughs, BSing, camaraderie, etc, along with factual exchange.

Arguing about who said the exactly right thing is of little interest to some.
Fwiw, I wasn't talking about me, as you seem to have interpreted my meaning to be.

Back