The Joke/Funny Pic/Video Thread

I was bullied at school and also bullied other kids.

When at 14 some boys are the size of men and others are barely into puberty saying “just smack them in the face” is simplistic and could result in a serious pounding, you can’t hurt these boys, but they can hurt you very badly.

I guess it would come down to size for some. But I didn't bully and I certainly wasn't bullied. I got a couple good beat downs from older kids because I wouldn't be bullied. Yet here I am. Once people know you don't back down amazingly enough you don't get bullied. It was that simple for me.

I'm no huge dude, decently coordinated and quick though. But not a runt either. It's my dads fault. He taught me to never back down if you're in the right. And that if you're in the right and it comes to a fight you'll always prevail. Well that last bit is a load of ...... But I've just never had the quit in me. I'll agree for me it's been easy the size I am. Little guys don't want to mess with me and big guys are somewhat reluctant too because they don't want to loose to a 'smaller' guy. So I do get your point.

I hate a bully. I've stepped up for people that won't and put a stop to bullying many times in my life. I just can't abide it.

Having went to over 30 different public schools, without ever graduating, I had to come to terms with every school bully in every one of those schools at least once, twice or trice.

Needless to say I got thumped on quite a bit, and the only way to end it was to thump back. If not the torment would never end. I got kicked out for fighting, but I never started a fight, but I ended them with the bullies crying for help, or take of running with me chasing behind trying to get in one more lick. That really put the fear in them. Ass-holes anyway. They deserved more than they got.

I guess it would come down to size for some. But I didn't bully and I certainly wasn't bullied.
Nobody ever messed with me -- I think because they couldn't read me. Maybe they thought I was a bomb waiting to go off on them -- the silent but deadly type. Enough size to have some power but not overloaded enough to be slow.

Jesus, everyone’s a superhero in hindsight it seems.

Not me.
Being the son of the village teacher, I got bullied like you wouldn't believe.
Had to sneak home over the fields to avoid the road, where they would be waiting for me.
Not once in a while, every day was "let us kick the shit out of Stig, to get even with his father for giving us bad grades, because we are stupid jocks", day.

Easy to say, just fight back.
How do you fight 10 or more kids on your own?
Even if you put one down, they'll still be there next day.

That is why I took up Karate when we moved to a city, where there was an opportunity to do so, and pretty much dedicated my life to the art of unarmed fighting.

Haven't been bullied much since.

If I had been unlucky enough to father kids, I'd have enrolled them in a dojo at age 6, whether they wanted to or not.

Back