The Fiskars Pruning Stik pole pruner thread

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We had one break late last week. Same thing as usual- the internal mechanism just gave way.

Then just a moment ago- thus BS happened:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340135450.683243.jpg

Normally I'd just grab the other one- but I haven't replaced it! Only 2 cuts to go. I'll have to try to reach with the zubat pole saw.

Ive had a couple nick, and when they broke (always the black string) I simply brought it to home slepot and they said go grab another one. No paper work, no hassles, home slepot honored the lifetime gurantee! I tried to replace the black string with zing it, only its held in place with a stopper knot. That eventually pulled through, and after the hours it took to understand and fix it the first time, I said screw it and brought it in to be swapped out. Home slepot has replaced every fiskar tool that I have ever bought and broken.

Oh, I play that game. I fully believe that even though I use these things regularly, they should not be breaking as often as they do. Around here home depot wont take it back after 90 days, but they rarely last that long. So the one I just posted a pic of...it wasn't even 1 month old! And we don't have the crew working every day, so really it only had 8-10 days of actual use.

That got swapped out. I'm probably up to 15 or so that we've gone through in the last year. That's just about 1 or so per month and $80 each for our favorite cutting tool? Money well spent, if you ask me.

I'm just waiting for a high strength pro version made of carbon fiber....and it syncs with my iPhone

Great news! Today I came home to this crazy long box sitting on the doorstep...

6ced986c-263e-695e.jpg

I opened it up and found 3 Fiskars pole pruners inside!

A few weeks ago I was asked by Organic Gardening Magazine to do a 15 minute pruning demo/class for one of their sponsors...Fiskars! They offered to pay me for my time. I asked for a couple of pruning stiks instead and they obliged.

Well enough time had gone by where I thought they either forgot about me or bamboozled me...but last week I got an email from the lady that set it up and today the goods arrived!

Now let's see how long they last...

love
nick

Jealous!!!

Still using my first one...its getting a bit dented but still worth ever penny I paid for it.
OK Nick I'm marking the days from today...let us know when you bust it!

6ced986c-127a-5335.jpg

The latest victim. It broke after 2-3 months. Luckily it wasn't the external mechanisms that broke. I can scrap one of the other ones that broke internally and this one will be back on the truck in no time.

Orrrrr I take it back to home depot.

It was a 1" piece of carrotwood, if you're wondering.

Side loaded somehow. I had a titanium lopper did the same thing and I found the cuprit in the tree. They replaced it N/C
Piece of wire across the limb,

Carrotwood?

Must be some hard stuff...
From time to time I get a bit of something stuck between the blades and they won't spring back open, but never come close to snapping it!

Take it back!

Mine had just started slipping the angle I set on the head when I've been yanking down a bit hard, trying to pull something out...but it is about 4 yrs old!

Back