Texas Tree Climbing Competition

• Thread starter Greenhorn
  • Start date
  • Replies 26
  • Views 3K
G

Greenhorn

So anybody from the 'house making it to Texas this April? I live minutes from where it will be and there are some awesome bur oaks I'm sure they will use.

LJ, MB you guys arent that far!

This pic was in a big ol bur about a mile or two from where it will be.

Attachments

• rob shot 1.JPG
    rob shot 1.JPG
    878.4 KB · Views: 27
Mr. Greenhorn... SIR !!! Best of Luck in the competition, and be SAFE ! How very cool that you're posting pix >> Please continue to do so !!!
Luv & Smarmy Hugs,
Treechick

never have run into a burr oak. they look cool. i have yet to enter or hear of a climbng comp in these parts... would love to get into one though.

we almost got one together down here last year. may try again this year

oops sorry this is for texas

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hope so, Nate is who got me into all that.

TC - your bro coming down to Texas again??

I am thinking no. My wife keeps telling me to do it.

I feel outta shape and plus I didn't make the strongest showing last year.

It is fun. The price is a steal just to run through the course......

I may give it a go after all.

Lately I have been enjoying the hang gliding....that is addicting.

You are giving it a go right Rob????

I am thinking no. My wife keeps telling me to do it.

I feel outta shape and plus I didn't make the strongest showing last year.

It is fun. The price is a steal just to run through the course......

I may give it a go after all.

Lately I have been enjoying the hang gliding....that is addicting.

You are giving it a go right Rob????

Try being a Tech or a Judge. The competing got to be too much for me, it was too much like work. Going to the comps and volunteering as a tech has given me a new perspective. All of the fun, none of the nerves..

Dont know, at this point my interests are in production climbing $$- but I may get the urge to compete between now and then. Been playing in some big bur oaks lately and its a blast.

prior to the comp on the 3rd is a climbing workshop-maybe helpful for the comp or for the CTW exam.

Thanks Butch and Leon ,glad to join yah.Hows Hong Kong goin Leon?Thanks again for the climbing In Hawaii awesome Banyon tree.

Leon I had to Google rumination-just wondering.Anyone coming to Texas or gonna compete this year in Texas.Its in my home city about 10 blocks from my old high school.My stomping grounds.

never have run into a burr oak. they look cool. i have yet to enter or hear of a climbng comp in these parts... would love to get into one though.
Now that is just not Kind OR Cool of YOU to come in like this..... Jason, you have to let the House know how you have been.... You have been away a while man:).......So tell US, Has life been treating OR cheating ya?

Hope so, Nate is who got me into all that.

TC - your bro coming down to Texas again??

I am pretty sure that I am out for the competition. I may enter and just climb one day of it. I have plans for Saturday so that is out :cry:

Rob, you in?

The time is almost upon us, lots of out of towners here already. Bunch of em camped out on a trampoline in a live oak Abram Zies suspended - we also had a B-day party on it and zip lined kids off it!! Pics soon.

No, I'm not competing this year but will probably wish I was Friday. Lots going on trying to grow the business.

Guess there wont be anybody else from the 'house here. Unless Nate decides to show up. I'll try and get some good pics. Fierce local rivalry just a day away!

Back