TCIA Expo 2008 Milwaukee - Who's going?

• Thread starter Hobby Climber
  • Start date
  • Replies 60
  • Views 6K
H

Hobby Climber

Just wondering who will be attending this years TCIA Expo Nov.13-15 in Milwaukee WI ???

I'd like to go this year but I have to see about changing some vacation time around, not sure if I can yet.

If I can go, I'll be crossing the border in Detroit MI and driving to Milwaukee.

Last one I attended was in Ohio and had a blast!!!

Here's a link for the 2008 TCIA Expo brochure: www.treecareindustry.org/PDFs/EXP08Brochure.pdf

So, ...who's going???

HC

Attachments

• meetings_expo08_Milwaukee.jpg
    meetings_expo08_Milwaukee.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 173
I can tell ya one person thats not going.....
:shifty:

just a logistics and $ issue for me but its a no. :)

I'm planning on being there. I'll probably drive also. I enjoyed the drive to St Louis, and I really enjoyed having my own vehicle there.

Around $175 in fuel, and I can probably scrounge up some good deals to pick up on the way :).

planning on it. Might be on a trip to the desert so have not decided.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There is a new guy starting up his own tree biz in my area. He's a new member at the TH and goes by "nmack248",(Nathen).

I mentioned going to him so if things work out, we'll be car-pooling.

Anyone in Michigan along the way looking to hitch a ride, let me know and we'll try to figure something out.

I see one of the hotels (Hilton I believe) has already been booked up!

HC

Attachments

• EXPOFooter.jpg
    EXPOFooter.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 31
I would like to go, but I already have flight and condo reservations for our family vacation in Kona from Nov. 9-16. One of the vendors even emailed me and asked if I wanted free tickets to the Expo. DTW902 and his family is planning to join me in Kona. Hey Dave, hope you can make it.

Call me crazy, but I'm thinking of bringing my 7 year old son. He's my oldest boy. I would like to spend the time with him. I think he could learn a bit (even though he is 7) and he would be able to see a lot of machinery (I'm sure that would be his favorite part of the trip). :D

Anyone ever bring their kid to a conference before?

I don't remember for sure at the TCIA Expo, but I know at the ITCC there's a good bit of stuff just for kids :).

One of my climber's brought his 2.5 year old to the 1998 Expo and the kid had a blast.

Hey Ranger. You should enter in the student competition. It's different from the ISA comps, and lots of fun. Plus... If you register as a student you get a discount.

I'm not going though... too far

Hey Ranger. You should enter in the student competition. It's different from the ISA comps, and lots of fun. Plus... If you register as a student you get a discount.

I wish!!!! As of right now, it doesn't look like I'll be making it. Too much money that we don't have. Though, next year, I believe it's in Baltimore, and I'm pretty sure we'll be there. Dad loves Baltimore, and we decided to save this year's cash for next year, meaning more gear is coming home!!!!

There's a comp at the Expo?

It is a student competition. Will be held on Friday at a park, don't remember the name right now. TCI has a great program for students including job fairs and such.

Back