Tahune Revisited

• Thread starter Angus
  • Start date
  • Replies 59
  • Views 8K
Hey Bounce! If you can get WesSpur to work a deal to print and sell posters of this, I'll buy one.

You're asking the wrong guy - it's the photographer who would have to work this out. Although I must say, I would absolutely LOVE to be able to sell a poster with pics of this job on it. Even us West coast climbers don't get into wood this big very often anymore, let alone after it's dead and rotten. The mechanics of a job like this are pretty amazing.

Im trying to download as WMV file but it keeps wanting to open as with flash player.

Are you sure you got the tags set up right Angus?

Angus, what Stihl was Graeme using in the vid?? That tree looked like 5ft diameter at the airwalk level!

jp:D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dang Angus, what are you doing up so late? You gotta be in the rack by now!
haha yeh is was shutdown time alright... i was reaching pumpkin status.

Graeme used a 66 for the job.
MS 660 I should say...:roll:

Hey RB - what was the upshot of that first clip in that compilation, it's got me questioning the time-space continuum.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Im trying to download as WMV file but it keeps wanting to open as with flash player.

Are you sure you got the tags set up right Angus?

When you visit the Tahune2.html page, flash player is required to watch the video preview.
If the wmv files are trying to open in flash player, it is a default setting relating to your computer. There are a few ways to address this.

Instead of using "Open As", use "Save As" and save it to your Desktop.
Then "right-click" the file, select "open with", and then select "Windows Media Player"

If you would rather fix the file associations. Open "My Computer", select "Tools", then "Folder Options". Click the "File Types" Tab, and find the '.avi' extension and make sure that it default opens in WMP.
Do the same for the '.wmv' extension.
Restart your browser, and you should now find it wants to "Open As" with Windows Media Player.

If all this fails, I really recommend trying VLC, and letting it change your default file associations. Once you've tried it, I haven't heard of anyone going back.

Hope this helps.

Back