Summer 14

RegC

TreeHouser
Some clips from the season just ended. Sorta typical daily work for this region. Ive been getting a bit bored just lately to be honest. Use HD setting. Thanks

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7WTPhUaUzHg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice. I like that fir top free fall. That's a small target area from that height. I see you're using X-rings. How do you like them? Do you use them on big pieces or still use a block? I'm thinking of getting some but am unsure of them yet for a terminal rigging point with larger pieces. Again nice work Reg.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice. I like that fir top free fall. That's a small target area from that height. I see you're using X-rings. How do you like them? Do you use them on big pieces or still use a block? I'm thinking of getting some but am unsure of them yet for a terminal rigging point with larger pieces. Again nice work Reg.

They're very good, and tough. Really light to hang on your saddle too. I wouldnt be concerned with hanging big sections through the rings at all....especially that double ring set-up that I have there. I still use blocks as well, natutural crotches too.... but the rings are not BS or anything, not a gimmick:thumbup:

Edit: and thanks all, glad you liked the footage. While the work is nothing out of the ordinary, theres some pretty cool scenery there.

They're very good, and tough. Really light to hang on your saddle too. I wouldnt be concerned with hanging big sections through the rings at all....especially that double ring set-up that I have there. I still use blocks as well, natutural crotches too.... but the rings are not BS or anything, not a gimmick:thumbup:

Edit: and thanks all, glad you liked the footage. While the work is nothing out of the ordinary, theres some pretty cool scenery there.

Thanks Reg, for compiling this newest video.

I agree. The X-Rings work great when blocking down pieces.

Really cool Reg. I'm really impressed by how often you seem to zipline stuff. Are you just out to save the boys a longer drag, or is it just faster than having them lower stuff off the porty, or both?

Or even better than a vacay, a hobby you dig.

Reg, there's obviously a lot of water near you, so I'll throw this one out, its a lot of fun, it blends exercise with nature, sorta like tree work: SUP, stand up paddle boarding. Don't knock it till you've tried it. It may look boring but its a blast.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys.

Rich, slows up December, by mid month the wheels usually fall off altogether.

Jed, yeah both, plus its faster than dragging. Lowering tops takes a lot more skill on the part if the ground worker also....while with a zip line they don't really have to do anything other than hold the line tight. How big you go obviously depends on the tree and the line angle you're using. You can go pretty big with a steep line angle, but you must, must have a long sling/strap so the top doesn't get jammed mid-fall....that's bad when it happens.

I think about it Cory, but never seem to get around to it. Maybe next year for the stand up board, a lot of people do it here as an alternative to kayaking, thanks.

Ben, no thanks. The work looks a proper ball ache in your region.

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/82399264" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am not going to die before I get to do some of this.
Almost picked up a board this spring but with the ice storm last winter it was
near the end of June when I got my last winter tree done with winter tree rate.
What a sucky year.

Back