Strong 5 Gallon Buckets

Never seen a handle fall of a FORTEX rubber feed bucket. That might also be a consideration. Dang things are tuff as all get out.

2171297_set

http://www.tractorsupply.com/buckets-pails/fortex-corner-bucket-5-gal-capacity-black-2171297

why not drill the buckets with a half inch hole on each side and put a rope thru it with the knots on the outside

And maybe a fender washer on the inside as well for wear and tear.
When I was doing masonry I welded up some hoops with lifting handles that fit snugly to the bucket and stopped at the ridge on the bucket. I could lift mud/brick/rock/tools up the scaffolding without worry of the mortar bomb effect.

Coming late to the thread...we used to get 5 Gal buckets from the ice cream factory for $2, all the syrup and sauces came in them. They were pretty tough, the handles lasted a good long time, even full of damp sand. Those ones were definitly heavier duty than the new ones you get at the hardware store
Building a house on and Island...35, 5gal buckets = a yard of sand. Got 6 yds dumped at a time on the dock, shovel it into 5 gal buckets, buckets into the boat, across the harbour, onto the dock, into the trailer, up to the house, stash till needed. I think we had like 200 at one time...Don't talk about moving a pallet of block or cement bags...!

Well I have a slew of dry wall compound buckets and metal tar buckets and I can't remember of ever pulling the handles out of them .I can remember putting so much chit in them I couldn't lift them though .Try lifting 5 gallons of bolts some time .---hand truck time ---;)

Yup, we built on an island in the harbour...no building sand, unless you count the stone we chucked through an old leaf chipper to make screenings...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Never seen a handle fall of a FORTEX rubber feed bucket. That might also be a consideration. Dang things are tuff as all get out.

2171297_set

http://www.tractorsupply.com/buckets-pails/fortex-corner-bucket-5-gal-capacity-black-2171297

DING DING DING!!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

I love the look of that thing. I think this is in the right price range, seems to have been intended for actual WORK, and doesn't involve driving to the local pickle factory to get them.

We'll see how it goes.

love
nick

Your idea is a very good one. In fact, I was thinking of a way to sew my own. I think it is a viable option and has the advantage that when not in use, the canvas buckets collapse quite tidily.

I shant dismiss it just yet!

If those handles dig into my hands, you can bet I'll come up with something more cushy.

Hmmm....what's more cushy...steel or 1/2" yalex...filled with a cobra shock absorber?!?!?

Back