Still 362 Fuel Issue

lumberjack

Young man on the go
I have a MS362 that was running funny today. It's not the saw I normally use (usually straight from the climbing saw to the 660).

It didn't want to run all that well, acting like it was going lean (stumbling/stalling) when going from idle to WOT. I noticed when I removed the fuel cap that there was quite a few bubbles coming up in the fuel for a fair while (5-10 seconds I'm guessing). Later the saw wouldn't crank, so I laid the saw over (on the ground) and went to remove the fuel cap and fuel came spraying out with great vigor.... after it stopped spraying (only cracked it at first) more bubbles were coming up in the gas.

Does this ring any bells for a known issue?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Darn autocorrect. It's a STIHL not a still. :lol:

My guess was the vent, although it shouldn't run lean with the fuel tank under good pressure I wouldn't think. I would think it would be more prone to flooding.

Ah! Vapor lock like boiling gas, gotcha. I've never heard of that in a saw... Something to ponder on tonight for sure!

I've had it happen quite often while running Huskies in really hot weather. Not so much with Stihls.

Back