Stihl's locking caps

• Thread starter Frans
  • Start date
  • Replies 71
  • Views 7K
Yup, easy...but then what would we do with 'em after we had 'em in hand?

Best just leave those Canukians alone.

;)

Why cant they just make a simple trusted and proven design.
Screw on caps.
Worked for 100 years or more.
i hate all the new dumb as gas conatiners.
Every week there is a new contraption that dont work.

Those No-Spill cans are Da Chit. I threw most of my old gas cans away after getting a couple of those No-Spill cans. My oldest one is almost 2 years old and still solid with no problems. Easiest can I've ever used. Groundies don't spill my gas all over the place either.

I can appreciate the no spill aspect when other people are filling up the saws....a crew that uses a lot of gas. I dislike the bulkyness of those no spill jobs, though. I made up my own one day gas container, that I transfer to from a larger one. It has a long hose so it's easy to manipulate. I'd get a photo up, but you'd laugh....and that would hurt my feelings :cry:

Not at all. It sets on the shelf with the nozzle sticking out over the oil jug. They fit side by side, no problem. And it doesn't stick out that far. You can also spin it around if you like.

I wish Stihl's gas caps were as well designed. :roll:

It seems to be one of those things where once you use it, you like it, but if you have never used one, you think, "I won't like it". People are funny :roll:

Like Brian said, you can spin the nozzle around if you feel like it's in the way. I never had a problem with it. Hands down the best gas can I've used.

I will 3rd the no spill can, they are pimp.

The only cap that has ever giving me problems is the 200t oil cap. Over filling was probably the problem after reading this thread. I couldn't even tell you how many times I've told my main groundie to be smarter than the oil cap lol, it happens.

Same as the old style Stihl caps, I never had a problem with them. I also never have a problem refueling. Combi cans are what I've always used, you yanks have a different name for them I think?

Same as the old style Stihl caps, I never had a problem with them. I also never have a problem refueling. Combi cans are what I've always used, you yanks have a different name for them I think?

They kind of go by the slang name "dolmar" around here...I believe Dolmar was perhaps the first company to offer that fuel mix and bar oil together design plastic can, long time ago now.

I have zero issues using one of those cans, and I don't use spouts just toss them and keep the caps. It's fast and easy.

On the Shots we called them Dolmars. One of the great things about R5 was crews used Siggs instead of the poor swamper having to pack around that goddamn dolmar all the time. I use the Dolmar/combi can with no problems.

I have zero issues using one of those cans, and I don't use spouts just toss them and keep the caps. It's fast and easy.

They are my choice, too.

edit, after Dave,s post: Oh, I use Sigg bottles if I have to pack fuel and oil any distance, nice in a pack.

Back