Stihl Msa160-c

Husabud

TreeHouser
Picked this up for the hell of it and thought we would put it through the paces. This tree was 10" DBH Black Oak. The saw performed well, although it is no match for a gas powered saw. It is however, quiet and relatively instant. I think I could get used to in a big prune. I am running the largest battery which got me through most of the day after this tree.

Sorry for the language at the end.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7s9tLAVymA0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stihl Msa160 36 volt. Was around $450. I got it for a pruning job on some pear trees that have been left to long. Nice and light. I think the mfgs will be on this sooner than later.

Yep.
Inner city jobs, where you get yelled at for making noise.

I was cutting blanks for a woodturner friend with one. In his workshop, without ear defenders @ 9pm. Great tool, just not up to the day to day rigors of commercial work yet - but a good handy saw to have around. Husky do a top handed version which shows some promise. The next generation will be worth a good look at IMO

I like it. I think I'm going to hold out for the Li husky top handle unless it takes as long as the 540xp to show up.

That's why I jumped Adam. We had it on the chipper chute all day today. It shined. Not having to start a saw every time something gets stuck is nice. Instant on.

That was an application I hadn't thought of.
I can see how good that would be.

Maybe I'll buy one, it runs off the same battery as our hedge trimmer ( which we totally love BTW)

That is a pretty good idea. I could have used one of those the last 2 days. Yesterday I was behind a fence in a ton of really thick bamboo trying to clear it a few feet off the fence. I spent about 2 hours sucking exhaust. Today (different job) I spent another 2 hours clearing a bunch of garbage growth from right next to a 4' retaining wall. One of those would be great in tight quarters. I might check with my local dealer to see if they can get the top handle 150.

How many batteries did you get Bud? Were they extra?

I only got one. Looking at my receipt, I think he charged me for the wrong charger and the wrong battery. I got the biggest battery and charger. It was nice to have today as my 026 made its final cut yesterday.

Hows the cutting speed, I don't mean to be a wimp, but would you think to remove small to medium sized limbs with it all day long? :|:

Back