Stihl bg 85

Al Smith

Mac Daddy
I got this thing after Toms' boys ran over it with a truck crushing the case like an egg shell .Found a case with a blown engine cheap from flea bay ,runs great .

Today I bought a gutter kit from the dealer and it certainly is handy .Took me about ten minutes to blow the crud out of the eave spouts .Of course it got all over me but it saves dragging a ladder out and climbing up on the roof .

Attachments

• Smith reunion  2012 031.jpg
    Smith reunion 2012 031.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Smith reunion  2012 032.jpg
    Smith reunion 2012 032.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 12
Hey Al how about adding a splatter shield something like a frisbee with a hole cut in the middle and shoe gooed in place. Kind of like the shield road crews use when blasting out the expansion joints and cracks before the hot tar seal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You might be able to .With the necked down tubing used for the gutter cleaner the velocity increases enough it really recoils on the end .

I'd thought about making an adapter to use the gutter cleaner on my BR 400 but I think you'd have a hard time holding it .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
For the 400 ?? Well it would just be a matter of using one of the adapters that comes with the kit which fits any hand held Stihl blower .Just a hose clamp would do it I'd imagine .

It's a situation where the tubing sizes and the locking tabs don't exactly line up .

No matter I'm not going to do it anyway .That 400 as it is will blow through 2 feet of drifted slow .Hell if I used it blow out the gutters I'm worried I'd blow the shingles off the roof .That would kinda suck .

No I meant make a kit that runs from the tailpipe of the car to the gutter. Put a brick on the peddle and you are set.

Back