Stihl Air Filters....Again

• Thread starter Greenhorn
  • Start date
  • Replies 32
  • Views 5K
I'm not sure if that ram tube is fuctional or just way to connect the filter. One thing I can say is I've never seen a set up like that on anything but a racer.

I see where these would improve performance, but as Burnham said these would not hold up well in a lot of different field applications.

I have used it quite a bit and not had any trouble, and im not real gentle with the saw either. Maybe I am more gentle than I think :D

I have used it quite a bit and not had any trouble, and im not real gentle with the saw either. Maybe I am more gentle than I think :D

I think it would be the environment in which I use the saw rather than how I use it that would be too rough for those foam stacks. Maybe I am mistaken though...but the rain thing would still keep it from being a possibility.

Never seen a saw run without the cover up here. But that's cool thanks for getting the pics up.

I think a Sachs -Dolmar 166 had a filter something like that. The advantage is they have a huge area compaired to the stock set up.The obvious down side is you could tear them off.No doubt if anybody would do so it would be me .

Back