Stanley Cup Finals

I think he is an oversized goon who should stick to ballet or cycling :) I have just never liked him is all :) and the hit, yeah it was late, but Horton should have kept his head up, this is Cup Hockey, they teach us that right from bantam, after dumping a pass, keep your head up, same goes for taking the pass....every Canadian boy knows this man ;)

"He didn't keep his head up" is as old as ice as an excuse for taking a wicked uncalled for hit. Do you think a hit like that under any circumstances belongs in the game if it can be avoided? Nice things don't happen inside a guy's skull when you get jarred like that. Open ice hits shouldn't be banned, but there is a limit.

Jay, it's playoff Hockey dude ;) it get rough, and you give what you get.

Cherry is right, go back to the older style softer pads, less injuries that way, this new stuff is like armour.

Actually, I respect that it's down to money time, so you gotta do what you gotta do. At the same time, the fact that it is the playoff, maybe it calls for a higher level of play than cavemen on skates. I can't really decide which......maybe a lil' of both.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cheap shots are cheap shots...defending it as 'playoff hockey' is weak. Those rules are there to protect players brains in the long run.

Obviously such rules weren't in place when you played ;):P:lol:

I just watched it. Looked plenty late and therefore cheap to me. Good job banning the dude. The K.O. "posture" is always a bit unnerving to see.

Boston has made their fair share of cheap shots over the years ;) all teams have, I have taken them and given them, but we all wanted to be like the hard hitting flyers of the 70's ;) lol and Greg, we are born skating

And Horton is a hot hand, so I would not be surprised if the team was told, " if you catch anybody sleeping, take 'em out"......

hey, it's playoffs, Lord Stanley's finest, stuff happens , ya know? ;)

Suspensions should not be based on the result. I dont like the hit either but I agree with the 'dont watch your pretty pass' idealogy. He should get a suspension but 4 games in the final series of the stanley cup is unheard of and I think WAY out of line. If that was a due penalty then Scott Stevens should have been forced to retire about 3 years in to his career. I hope Horton recovers, no one wants to see that kind of damage in any sport. A couple games would be a stiff penalty, noting the timing of the season. A 5 game suspension in mid January is almost meaningless, compared to this time of year.

Jay, in defense of 'keep your head up' , if he had been looking where he was going rather than where he had been, he may have been able to avoid or prepare for the contact.

That said, go Canucks, and lets see both teams try to keep it clean.

Dang, Canucks went 0-2 in Boston and were outscored 12-1! I don't even want to try to make fun of all my family out here, my FIL has a large gun collection and I don't want to be target practice.

I do get my jabs in from time to time.

one more win, Luongo was solid last nite, so was Gingerbread though ;) but Cherry keeps saying that Canucks are gonna take it, and we all KNOW how much of a fan of Boston he is ;)

Just a smidge. I'll spot you this one Greg, its done. Seeya Wednesday when the game matters the mostest.

ps. Raymond seems to be pretty buggered after that awkward check at the beginning, I figure he farked his back up pretty good. Off to the hospital heavily strapped to the stretcher. Hope the doctors are more polite than the restauranteurs in Boston toward the Canucks. ;)

Back