Square Credit Card Processing

bonner1040

Nick from Ohio
Anyone hear of or use Square credit card services?

https://squareup.com/

It is 2.75% per swipe with no additional fees, monthly or otherwise. They deposit the money in your account the next day, which seems pretty nice. There is no cost or obligation and the swiper/reader is free.

Anyone tried it, had problems or hidden costs?

I've been waiting for a card reader for more than a month. They keep saying it was sent well send another. Other than that, I've heard all good.

Nick from Cali has it too I think. My merchant fees are 3%. Square is cool, the only thing I don't like about it is if you have to run a manual transaction without the card, the fee goes up to 3.5%. Not a deal breaker though.

I use it, on manual transactions you get a grand in 24 or 48 hours and the balance in 30 days. I like it, have a reader in both trucks. Since last May I have taken in somewhere between 20-30k on it without issue.

Now when credit card POS companies call me, I tell them I use square and ask them if they can beat it. It brings the conversation to an abrupt stop.

You don't have to pay for any hardware (since if you're asking, you probably already have a suitable phone), the fees are comparable to any other system, there are no monthly fees. The per swipe fee is only 15¢. The app is easy to use. I can usually get it to read in 2 or 3 swipes now.

I only use it about 1 or 2 times a week. The money is in my bank just a few days later.

If you have any specific questions about it, just ask.

If you have an apple store nearby you can buy a card reader for $10 and then they give that $ back when you run your first transaction.

love
nick

I use it. Got smart about the 2.75, Ask up front how the payment will be made. Adjust accordingly!

I to have readers in all my trucks.

We're about to try it. A friend has it and has really good luck with it. He says they also offer a monthly plan, where you pay X amount and the rate drops to like 1.5 or 1.75%, which I would assume is only viable if you're doing a lot of transactions with it each month.

I've been reading bad reviews on the spuare. Most complants are that they hold your money for long periods of time. No phone number to reach anyone, just a website or e-mail. I believe the square will be a good choice, but not now...too many problems.

How long is money being held? Is it people that want their money in 24 hours and they are unhappy that it takes up to 3 business days?

love
nick

It states that over a certain amount they will hold for so many days. After using for awhile you can ask for that to be lifted

We always get our money within 24 hours and we never asked to have anything lifted. I dont have a single complaint about Square. I do have complaints about our previous processor. They kept adding fees and their input system was not convenient at all. Square is cheap and convenient.... if its slow to put money in your account, well thats a trade off I am willing to make.

We're about to try it. A friend has it and has really good luck with it. He says they also offer a monthly plan, where you pay X amount and the rate drops to like 1.5 or 1.75%, which I would assume is only viable if you're doing a lot of transactions with it each month.

Just happened to be on the square website. The option to pay a monthly fee in exchange for no interest is no good for tree guys. It only applies to charges of $400 or less. I'm hoping most of your jobs are for more than that!

just thought i'd share.

I've always gotten money in 24 hrs as well.
I actually had another processor hangup on me yesterday when I told her I was using square for my service.
Got a good laugh out of it!!

Back