Accepting Credit Cards

My daughter in law has a small biz doing interier design .Some how she uses a swipe scanner on her cell phone for credit cards .

Accepting CC's these days is an absolute must! Our rate is under 2% so it's an absolute no brainer for us.

I only accept checks,or preferably cash. Then again tree services pay me,not homeowners.

After seeing this thread we thought this was a great idea. After doing some research on the web, we found lots and lots of security concerns. It really seems like this is a good idea but it needs some tweeking yet. We are going to pass on this for now.

After seeing this thread we thought this was a great idea. After doing some research on the web, we found lots and lots of security concerns. It really seems like this is a good idea but it needs some tweeking yet. We are going to pass on this for now.

Care to expound?

I guess a reviewer from cnet hired some hackers to try and steal some numbers from some ones phone and to took them less than a half hour to do it. It was a couple of days or a week since I was researching it so the details might not be totally correct but the jist of it is correct. I just googled it and looked for reviews. I am almost positive there was tons of info on cnet.

Interesting. My computer people told me to be sure andlog off, then turn off apps like banking and such when I was finished to prevent hacking

not sure how you guys are processing your credit card payments....but one thing i would say, is that if you are adding a payment page to your website then you MUST raise your game with regards website security...i expect if your site was hacked and someones credit card details were taken in the process you could well be liable. I had a security expert go through arbtalk with a fine comb after the last time i was hacked. Credt card processing was one of the things that was brought up in conversation when we were discussing my future plans. I just stick to paypal now...sure the rates arent as competetive, but its pretty safe, and no security worries my end. hope this is relevant

Just pinched a GIF for my website, now to get it installed on a page. Steve, I am having probs uploading some files to my FTP, how busy are ya? :D

email drafted and waiting ;) Just need an efficient email address and I will send it to you for perusal

I don't know how it is with other processers, but with PayPal, I never have to ask for any information more than an email address. I like that.

Back