Best Credit Card for Small Business?

• Thread starter Mr. Sir
  • Start date
  • Replies 10
  • Views 1K
M

Mr. Sir

I'm looking for a new credit card for myself and the emoloyees for all of our business expenses. Advanta just notified me that they are cancelling ALL business credit accounts(not just me) as of this coming Friday! WTF?! Three days?! :X

Anyway, I prefer something with either cash back or travel points, since I run ALL of the business expenses through and pay it off in full every month. Since I don't carry a balance, the finance charge is irrelevant. I want one with no annual fee and free employee cards(4) too. Also prefer Visa or Mastercard since they seem to be accepted at more places than Discover or AmEx.

Thanks in advance for any advice or ideas.

Capital One always treated me right. I need to get a debit card for my main biz account, writing checks is sooo 80's.

Capital 1 will treat you ok until you've been with them a few years. They have really put the screws to me in the last year with increased interest rates and harsher terms even though I've never made a late payment or incurred a single penalty fee or charge. My business card has a miles reward thing but I just use it for account credits every time it hits $100. It's also easy to manage my account online.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Capital One looks pretty good. I wasn't even going to check them out because my wife had 3 CapOne cards before we got married. She carried a balance on all of them and had missed a few payments at one time or another. After we got married and I started handling her finances, I realized she was paying 39% on the unpaid balances! :O Needless to say, we paid those off immediately and cancelled the accounts. Frikkin' thieves. :X

I use Bank of America and they give you a point for every dollar. I love using the points. :) We pay it off every month also. Actually, I send them money about 3 times a month so it doesn't hit all at once.

Out with BOA and in with Chase! Chase has a new card called INK, for the first year they are giving 3 points for every gas charge. HAHAHAHA, buddy, I am headed to the Bahama's in no time. With 10 or 11 trucks on the road, I am stoked to get 3 points!

Better check their spending caps for rebates,,, I know Costco/AMEX for business gives 3 percent up to $6000.00, then 1 percent thereafter.

Back