Spiking technique

• Thread starter tongueo
  • Start date
  • Replies 62
  • Views 9K
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fZpfIRPZCEs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fZpfIRPZCEs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I woulda had my strap on the pole from the get-go. It's always surprised me how they don't do that.
No doubt. Then some of these poor fellas obviously are not at a point where they feel comfortable & there is no safety line at the top of the pole to belay them.

Several years ago a young lady was hurt badly during a fall on her cert.They {the men} could be heard making comments about it taking place because she was female.

If it had been my daughter I would have sewed. There is no reason for some one to be jacked up for life doing that. Jack Ass or Lady

So by that gaff out, I guess he didnt pass? hahaha, why dont they have their strap round the pole? wheres the logic in going up with their welders mitts and spikes only? ridiculous I say!

:D

That vid and some of the others I checked out that are with that one are bizarre. I don't understand the reasoning behind that? We know there's a safer way but this is how we do it? And what's a 20' pole cert? Does that mean they're now good to go all the way to 20'?

Don't get me wrong I've unclipped before to pass obstacles and have climbed the first 10'-15' before cause the flipline was to short but that was back before I learned the proper ways.

I'm suprised there would be a cert testing set up like this is all I guess. Fall and you not only fail but potentially get some life altering injuries in the process. No thanks.

Way lineman do it, see it all the time, lot of guys climb 45's the same way. Probably go higher, just not seen it done... Thats probably at a lineman college/school for apprentices.

Did you notice the poles in that video even had the overhead fall pro suspension system installed? They just weren't using it. :?

Go up and down and around and around staying only a foot or two above the ground!
Just till you get comfortable

Back