Songs I Like

I saw him three times I think. Twice as headliner, and once as a coheadline with Jeff Beck. Beck was a WTF show. Kinda avant garde metal or... something... Sounded like noise to me :^D

Beck can be out there a bit, but so were most greats. Srv getting booed harder and harder at each song during the monterrey jazz festival is likely the coolest show ever captured on film. He has just broken out, and they all thought he was fake, so they booed him. He obviously didn't understand it, so he just kept playing harder and harder through the set until its over and he walks off completely confused. If you can hunt down the dvd it's absolutely incredible. He plays the next year or so and is rightfully adored, but that first one is so brutal and raw. Here's some from it.

That srv post was sick. Idk what folks would be booing about. Lawdy, what a tight band. Such a clean, intense player.

Im sure you've seen that YouTube clip of stevie doing a sound check, pretty mind-blowing, I posted it awhile back

Edit- Your link keeps playing the next song, looks like I'm going to be getting his whole concert. :drink:

Warning, that tune might make ya a little nostalgic.
Not a lot of people left from the Greatest Generation, none left in my family, even distant family as far as I know.
Treasure those folks if you still have them, and treasure the memories of the ones we’ve lost.

Back