Something old that you have that you like

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't believe you, Willie, or you would have thought to add some spent beer cans too.

I forgot - I've got the 'lil letter bracelet they give you when you're born. It was made the day I was born. Kinda dusty - it was hanging on a nail.

Attachments

• birth-bracelet 010 (Small).jpg
    birth-bracelet 010 (Small).jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 55
An antique hospital bracelet, who would of thought? So they had the letters and some nurse strung it together......? Cute.

I don't know what they used where I was born.. The earliest thing from my existence that I have seen is my first pair of shoes. Mom or dad spray painted them gold and put them on a piece of wood. 8)

Willie is of the plastic generation, a miracle of technology. Not him, the bracelet I mean.

Butch, that is just awfully cute.

Do you mean that it was standard practise in American hospitals when you ( and I ) were born?

I think they were just fillers/spacers so it would fit my wrist and the letters would stick together in a legible manner. It's be cool to know when they stopped doing that and went to that plastic one they use today.

1951 Farmall Super C

Before:
5674181570_a4f0c37103.jpg

After:
5673613195_b592a4403a.jpg

1943 Cat D4 . Model 2T serial number 32 .Made during WW 2 and has a galvanized steel radiator core because copper was used for the war effort .

There is a picture of that fuel injector I mentioned .The nozzle is Denso # D6B0914

Attachments

• Copy of D4 006.jpg
    Copy of D4 006.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Copy of D4 008.jpg
    Copy of D4 008.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 3
cool old stuff, got a vise just like willie, a messy shop
had an old farmall H Too not nearly as nice as your restore - beauty
my old pride and joy a 29 chev ton and a half

Attachments

• TNT29chev.jpg
    TNT29chev.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 4
  • hemlockshop1.jpg
    hemlockshop1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 3
Beautiful Farmall Jack. I drove one of those pulling a ring roller back in about 1969. ANd also a beautiful truck Dave. You been holding out on us? Thanks Al; however, I think that job I would have to see done before I do it. The injector has a bar across it with a couple of bolts that hold the bar down if that helps you any.

Beautiful old Farmall.

I love those old Cats Steve. I hope I can own one someday with a blade. A couple of customers up here have them and still use them all over the land they own.

I haven't seen Matt in ages, since he joined up with us on that fishing trip up at the reservoir. Or is that not the same person? I forget... :|:

Nah, That was Kenn. Matt Mayo is a transplanted Connecticuttian who resides in the Denver metro area, teaches Yoga , and climbs exceedingly well. He used to post on Tree Buzz but not lately(of course I haven't posted there in a long while either).

OK, now I remember. I met Matt in Baltimore at an Expo in about 2003 I believe. We climbed a huge tree in a park or somewhere.

The injector has a bar across it with a couple of bolts that hold the bar down if that helps you any.
That's what the picture was .Those are the early ones and that injector was for a 7J series D4 ,1940. The only diff between that kind and the later ones used on the 2T ,5T ,6u and 7u was the way they fastened .The later ones had a big giant nut that screwed into the pre chamber instead of the double stud yoke .

If you want for info this place has a ton of it .http://www.antiquecaterpillar.org/

This is a flash from the past ,1990 .1947 John -Deere A .A dead weight pull with a 1934 JB B and about another ton on the sled . I can't remember if I pulled it or not .

Ha that was when all my hair was the same color and I had arms like iron bands .Geeze a lot has changed since then .

Attachments

• John Deere.jpg
    John Deere.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 7
Back