Snowmobiling

• Thread starter The Branch Doctor
  • Start date
  • Replies 165
  • Views 13K
T

The Branch Doctor

I'm so excited for sled season to start! I did my preseason maintenance on my sled today so the only thing keeping me from riding is about 2 more storms in the high country. We're supposed to get some snow in the mountains on Sunday and if it dumps up there I'm blowing off work Monday to go play.:D

I know there's got to be at least a few sled-heads around here praying to the snow Gods!

Here's mine..

I need to swap the ACT fluid in my '07 X-Fire, and it will be good to go. But I probably have a while till the snow gets deep enough... its WARM lately. No pack in the high country yet.

Everytime I want to throw a 2" paddle track on it, we get crap snow, so I think I'll keep the 1.25" Ripsaw on it for now... Ideally I'd like a 1.5" paddle track, but its hard for me to go a half inch short when Im dropping $600 for a new camoplast.

i sold my sled 2 years ago to start my llc. heres mine it was a 01 151" highmark 700. and the last is my buddy on his 01 rmk 800:D
my "new" sled is a 1975 john deere :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sweet pics!

Hey Ichwarrior, where do you live?

I guess snow isn't something you guys down south have to ever deal with. Too bad cause playing in the snow kicks ass and the scenery can be more incredible than words can describe!!

Of course there is a down side to back country sledding and that is no matter what... you will bury your sled and have to dig yourself out and it can SUCK!!

Here's a couple pics of my ridding buddy digging.... and digging... and digging.

I don't have a snow mobile but i'm thinking about heading north sometime this winter with my 4 wheeler.:D

this is by far the best sled video ive seen!
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t5ODwJS9_cY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t5ODwJS9_cY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Awesome Willie! Sledding is huge around here, I never got big into sledding but I've travelled the wintertime backcountry around here lots using a snowmobile (tundraII) to access some of the finest skiing around.

heres what we used to do except for the ending!
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tgiSRvcT9eU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tgiSRvcT9eU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Way cool video's.

I don't do that much hillclimb, its not that gnarly were I ride... its fairly technical hill climbs that you hit after you weave through trees that don't last long. Makes me think a 2" Challanger track 136" would rock on my Xfire.

Man... Im pumped to go ride again...

Awesome video! Hill climbing is a blast but coming back down scares the crap out of me at times.

Sleds rise and fall in popularity here.We have several snowy winters followed by not so snowy.The sled crowds have to go to the U.P. of Mich.to find enough good snow.The four wheelers have pretty much taken their place.

The older ones sell relatively cheap.Of course they are or may be like old saws that haven't been started in 15 years.What I know about snowmobiles would fit in a thimble with room to spare.

Right on Al. So, do you ride?

You guys are missing out on a lot of fun. Snow sports are awesome... if you have the proper equipment.

If you aren't in appropriate attire it's going to SUCK!!!!!

I ski, snowmobile, snowshoe, and ice fish having a blast all winter long. I don't know what I'd do if I wasn't able to frolic in the snow for 3-4 months a year.

Back