Snowmobiling

• Thread starter The Branch Doctor
  • Start date
  • Replies 165
  • Views 13K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Somebody stole my camera so I won't be able to take any pics.:(

But, I will have fun... lots and lots of fun.

Here's the one pic I got to share

M8.jpg

a link to the unedited photo:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h309/IchWarriorMkII/Pics118.jpg

Cool pic. Sledding was fun on Thursday. I went skiing today for the first time this year.:thumbup:

nice carve! i love plowing my shoulder in 8)
butch the landing is usually softer than on a dirt bike:)

If you're gonna crash, do it in the snow.... and pray that it's deep!:D

I fell off once last year... right on a rock. Only rock in the whole park we where playing it.

Got a charlie horse on my right arse cheek... that was brutal.

All dismounts today were soft and easy... just get a little wet.

On our way back from skiing today my bro and I decided we were going to find somewhere on top of Cameron Pass to stop and make a kicker (ski jump) to play on for a while. Fortunately we came upon a group of 4 guys that had one almost built so we helped finish it up and the fun began.:D

Flying off of a big jump into really deep powder is a blast! It's the perfect place to learn new tricks and not get hurt. It was deep enough today that I could've landed on my head and not get injured, a little bit of snow down the back of my ski jacket, but no injury.

Today was a fun day of playing in the high country.:D

Here is a good one I found.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MKn9kOtVgEg&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MKn9kOtVgEg&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Damn that looks fun as hell. I need to go sledding!

100_0026.jpg

Here is a shot of the hill I was climbing sunday. Its cropped to the top 10% as I jumped over the road and up the bank to turn around. Cut off a bunch of road cutting across the switch back. The bottom half was gnarly, it stopped a Arctic Cat 1m 600 halfway up the bottom 2 times.

I got a good shot of my dad climbing it, Ill put it up when I get it emailed to me.

Going out tommorrow!

that virgin schnow looks way cool, the hill is so not represented in that pic though. :( power on and ride it out!!!

That was a great video, It takes alot of experience and stamina to ride powder like that.

Yeah I would like to have heard that machine run in the video. I think it was turbo ed or super charged. It would get right up on top and climb.

I'd have to say Im definately a new guy to the modding of sleds...

If I'm running a 141" track, will more power make it run better in the steep and deep or am I just wasting money until I get a long track?

Or more power, more snow thrown out the back of the sled, the better it goes, anytime anywhere?

I spent a little time on a '03 900 with a 144" track, and I'm not so sure the extra power was put to good use... but that could have well been a chassis/sled issue vs. the M series.

From what I understand the longer the track the better in the steep and deep.

and the more power it takes to turn it. i love a 151" and a 700-800. plenty of power, plenty of track and still very manueverable.
your always throwing snow when your full throttle, if you went up hill as fast as your track was turning (no slip) you couldnt hang on!

Thats part of the reason I keep to the short tracks, because Im not a big guy at all, getting one to move for me is much easier with a shorter track...

... and its less junk to pick out of the hole when you get stuck.

yeah big tracks are nice but when their stuck it a huge job to get them out! my old deere gets stuck, somebody grabs a ski loop and pulls while you give it throttle and away we go again

I find it funny that a 141" is now a shorter track. From my experience sledding more power is always better. Technique is everything, I've got a buddy who makes it look so easy on his big (now kind of old) RMK800. He probably weighs 170 dripping wet and he throws that sled around like it's a tinker toy, pretty amazing to watch. Rather than using muscle to steer the sled he's just holding on and using his body weight/balance to carve it up.

Back