Smokie the...cat...another rescue

Hey man, I just met this beautiful single woman who's a beekeeper!

need to borrow some bees:lol:

way better then one with a bunch of cats.....

need to borrow some bees:lol:

way better then one with a bunch of cats.....
Oh Lawdy ain't that the truth .

In a former life with former wife there was something like 20 some felines meowing around at one time .

George the watch cat was boss hoss at 22 pounds or so .He even bossed the dogs around . That big bruiser had no front claws plus his business had been altered because the SOB marked his territory on my sea bag once too often .:what:

He must not have known it because he could climb a tree ,no proplem plus was smart enough to get down all my his self . The Tom part of Tomcat he was missing never really altered his agressiveness nor his prowess with the ladys either .

I used to have a cat that chased dogs, big seal point, name was Burt. I have no idea what he weighed but I've had a 19# cat and I think Burt was bigger. He never climbed much of anything.

George the cat could climb about anything plus he had a punch like Sonny Liston and blacked more than one persons eye they tried to pick him up. One foul tempered SOB .He was "mothered " by a big old male collie my ex had and thought he was part dog and perhaps part lion .

He was quit the ladies man though ,catwise than is . His main squeeze when I was in the navy in Conn. was the neighbors chiuaua .That was a trip . .:lol:

George of the jungle :lol:

Attachments

• cat in mnirror.jpg
    cat in mnirror.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 52
My poor cat climbed inside the wood stove and hid behind the wood shavings just before it was lit, and lived to tell about it...barely. He didn't have whiskers for awhile.

My poor cat climbed inside the wood stove and hid behind the wood shavings just before it was lit, and lived to tell about it...barely. He didn't have whiskers for awhile.

That definitely qualifies as one of his lives gone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Today I saved Theo...not Smokie.

The owner called at 9:07 last night...I was at the gym and noticed I had a voice mail. I checked it and she was pretty upset. Theo didn't show for b'fast yesterday and then she heard the meowing...he had been up trees before and they used ladders to get him. This time he was about 20 feet up and too high for their ladder...she said...about 1/2 way up a gum tree. She found me on Dan Kraus' cat rescue site.

I finally spoke to her about 10:30 pm and agreed she would call me in the AM if Theo was still there. She called in tears about 6:50 AM...it was pretty windy, tree was swaying, Theo was bawling and now in the top of the tree, "60 feet up".

I loaded gear, got Hayden to school and headed her way. Theo was about 35-40 feet in the top of a gum tree. Luckily there was a big pine about 15 feet away. I set a high TIP, ascended above Theo, set a pulley between the trees, brought up my "cat in the can" specialty rescue device and sidewalked a 3" pine limb over to the gum.

Theo was friendly and curious. When I got the can near he eased down into it (a can of tuna helped), I got the top secured and lowered him down.

Nothing real exciting but it made for a happy customer.

Attachments

• IMG_9685 (2).JPG
    IMG_9685 (2).JPG
    679.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9689 (2).JPG
    IMG_9689 (2).JPG
    589.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9690 (2).JPG
    IMG_9690 (2).JPG
    622.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9692 (2).JPG
    IMG_9692 (2).JPG
    359 KB · Views: 5
Nice work, Gary! :thumbup:

I love that picture of the cat watching the can coming up. He's like, "WTH is that?" :lol:

I'm glad my cats are declawed, in more ways than one.
Old George the wonder cat didn't have any front claws and he could climb a tree . He could also get back down because the one thing he didn't want was me rescuing him .:evil:

George was also missing part of his anatomy because he marked his territory once too often .The last time was on my sea bag as I was departing for a cruise .:what: All that little operation did was slow him down,not totally de Tom him .

:rockon:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JUtWHPZk7Es&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JUtWHPZk7Es&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back