Smart Winch

I switched to the night vision app I downloaded. I see you clearly. ;)

You can do the same thing with the Goods. There is just enough room to place the bollard below the winch and add another ratchet strap and you can then rig two lines, you'd need to set up another fairlead for two ropes.
I have eexperimented with it the other way as well with the bollard above the winch with a wrap around the bollard and using the winch to take up slaack or pull before snapping off a piece and then letting it run. Takes alot of the shock load away from the winch. i can't be the only numskull to try this. I use a limb to prop up the winch or bollard to keep it from falling out, I should get to the welder to do up a permanent extension for this tandem feature..
The Goods is great!

Oh god. Note to self: just walk away, just keep on walking. Don't look, stare straight ahead and just keep walking

I was just at the Vermeer store where Greg Good personally delivers his baby. I fondled the thing so longingly and there is only about two thirds of the space needed to mount the winch or bollard under one another.

Which is a whole world of "not enough space". If Greg thought it should be doubled up, he'd have designed it that way. Don't be stoopid, people.
:)

Just my opinion, I know somebody will be stoopid no matter what this old curmudgeon might say.
;)

I think it might be a "Good" idea if he would make a mounting plate that could handle both of them. If not I might just have to fab one up myself once I get a GRCS in the first place. I could really use on this weekend for three silver maples over three houses, three ornamentals, and a rickety trellis with a grape vine.

What bout using a porty next to the GRCS? Personally, I haven't ever wanted to run two ropes on the GRCS. My ground guy's head would probably explode from the overload.

I'd like to buy a new style backing plate, then I would have 2 serious devices. Just can't make myself drop the $600-700 for a new plate. Squeek squeek

I've only seen the video, never seen a GRCS in person.

Wouldn't it be relatively easy to fabricate mounts to the bollard and fairleads, and add a ratchet strap? Seems like most of the money is in the interchangeable mounting bracket and winch, and that the having super strong attachments to make the bollard "bomb proof" on its own wouldn't take much from an experienced welder. Seems like much cheaper than the $600-700. You'd just have to cut the bollard into the tree for really heavy bombing. Maybe you'd lose the preservation mounting cushioning???

Yes I could build it alot cheaper, thats why I can't seem to shell out the dough. You will get to see one in June;)

Back