Singing Tree Rope Runner

Slic pins on the rr are quadruple acting and rated to a ridiculous amount. They are also cheap. Haven't seen anything better.

Nice. Straight from the horses mouth. I figured they'd have to be designed to be bombproof, just haven't ever seen such things. Cool. Will be interesting to see it up close some time.

Dang, Joe. I saw this bumped and was hoping for news!

I was thinking about this the other day.

I'll take Feb 1, easy. It will be here before we know it.

Haha nope sorry just me! I just came across his videos and thought it looked pretty smooth. I imagine there will be a lot of talk when it is out. I just got a hitchhiker so I have enough to keep me occupied for now!

Same here Sean. Looking forward to trying one out but right now I am with Joe and rocking my HH. Kevin definetely makes great tools and his videos are top notch as well :thumbup:

I picked up one of the RopeRunners. I only have one climb, a removal, so this is all preliminary. I started with a base tie and went to a choked tie in.

Once its on the rope it functions wonderfully. In just a little use I noticed:

It offers minimal sitback.

It easily breaks 100% and immediately tends slack, friction free.

Release from suspension is smooth and easily modulated. You can scream or creep! The release, while not exactly the same as a prussic is remarkably similar and feels intuitive compared to the Unicender, ART products and other similar devices.

The 'bird' or top piece when its on rope is sensitive. It works fine with user control but if you slap it while its weighted it lets off indiscriminately. I haven't perfected the tending system, and I definitely had a little trouble getting it on the rope. It is more complicated than other devices, with more parts but it offers mid line attachment. You could always thread it like a Zig Zag and such.

It feels durable and well made and its a great size. It looks large in photos but on rope its similar in size to a hitch climber setup.

wile.gif

Im sure he does, he showed it around at the evo of SRT thing.

Sean,

My guess is its a similar event as if something like that happened with a ZigZag or an ART program.

I am really interested in this device. I love my HH and also really liked the RW. I nearly bought the ZZ, but alas I was saved by its malfunction.

Back