Side Work From Space

bonner1040

Nick from Ohio
So I was driving around today way out of our service area and I remembered this epic chop and drop side job I did last year. Trying to explain it it Duane I took a chance and looked at Google Maps. What do you know you can see the carnage from space! We took a live service wire (triplex) and a complement of telecom wires down to rig/bomb the Oak out. The walnut was done first, then the oak then the flopper. $1300 for all of it!!! $500 for the Walnut, $800 for the Oak and the FLopper into the woods was a freebee.

From Space, you can see it from G-D space!
sizemore from space EDIT.jpg

Some ground floor perspective:
sizemore 6.jpg sizemore 4.jpg
sizemore 1.jpg sizemore 2.jpg

Crazy thing is that its still there! As of last satellite imagery.

A good friend of mine asked me to do a bunch of work at a place he bought with a new girlfriend this spring. Sure enough that's my truck out front. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352282015.269531.jpg

That's pretty sweet! I often use google maps or bing maps to get a sense of the job before I run the esti.

When the street view cameras went by the house, they caught me working. This was the last part of my siding job. Amazing what you see isn't it?

House.jpg

The resolution that the gov has is quite a bit better than what we get. I can just imagine the size of the department that scrutinizes those images.

If I remember right they said the Hubble Space Telescope could read a newspaper from space and that was ,what, twenty year old technology. Yikes!

Back