Sequoia Climb

• Thread starter Frans
  • Start date
  • Replies 40
  • Views 5K
I think some people are intimidated by the bigness of these trees. My first redwood was after climbing Mt Shasta. A coworker and I finished the mountain 2 days ahead of schedule, so headed to the redwoods. We had rock climbing rope, rock harnesses with us, and just a couple prusik slings. We stopped at a hardware store and bought some 1/8" line and a steel hook that served as a throwline/weight.

Once we made it into the canopy (throwing the line from a nearby tree) it was just "climbing" from that point.

Very awesome. I agree with frans. If you got the chance, do it.

love
nick

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nick=Once we made it into the canopy (throwing the line from a nearby tree) it was just "climbing" from that point.

With Sempervirons I would agree. With the Gigantia, it is a whole 'nuther ball game.

Yes JP, thats Robert.

Thats very cool frans! I spend most summers climbing tall hardwoods in tasmainia, some over 100meters tall. My next trip is to the redwoods for sure. love to see some more pics!

Darin aint going nowhere. I know these family men. At the last minute they start mumbling something about their kids :)

I'd sell mine right now. She's been a pill for days, which is a shame because it means I'll have to play on the river without my best water buddy this weekend.

:lol::lol::lol:

Come on monkey bring the wife and Haley

As for you snarf MORE PICS!!

In the fullness of time. I am waiting for the other pixs to come from the other climbers.

Back