Seized my EHP Husky 372.

After I got that 2100 Husky from that guy who was on here a short time ,you couldn't hardly pull the thing over .It was just the bushing on the starter drum plus a screwed up rope .

I was a little concerned for a short .Thought I bought a bucket of bolts .

I just picked up the last two pieces to put mine back together on fleabay is yours the thin ring version and how would I identify that Al?

Look through the exhaust port .Mine is the fat one .I might be mistaken but I think someone said the fattys were 1.5 MM ring thickness . Could be wrong on that though

Another way is just pull it over .If it's about like roping over a Harley it's a fat one .

Look through the exhaust port .Mine is the fat one .I might be mistaken but I think someone said the fattys were 1.5 MM ring thickness . Could be wrong on that though

Another way is just pull it over .If it's about like roping over a Harley it's a fat one .

LOL Al. sorry for my derail skwerl!

Both have good compression. No way to know other than to remove muffler and look.
Mine is thin ring and no fun to pull. More compression than my 1100...

Mine is a 2100CD XP.::?

Glad it was a cheap fix for you Brian, I hate having a good saw break down.

I didn't know those wires twisted out either. I wonder if other brands do?

Those damned 2100's are tough enough to pull over if everything is in good order .If however the bushing gets worn on the starter drum it's next to impossible .I made a new brass bushing for mine .I've seen other saws wear the bushings out too so it's not just the big Huskeys that do it .

Now this brings up something like lubrication .Don't dump oil on the thing because all that will do is over time collect chips, dirt, crud and act like valve grinding compound on the drum and shaft .If you want to squirt anything on it use dry silicon .

If that danged drum assembley gets to hanging in time the rope binds within the drum and you have problems just like B. had . Frustration in it's finest form .

Back