seasoned SRT climbers needed

Watch this turn out to be an automatically deployed, backpack airbag that requires a free fall of at least 20' for best results. Good luck testers....:/:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
:lol::lol:

Played with it all day today, found out the hard way that it has a pretty mean pinch point:( Could be a deal breaker.... Not sure if I can get around that....

Worked SRT all day today. Weird for sure, but it definitely had its advantages. First tree today was a 70' 24"dbh spruce. I cinched the line at top so my line didn't get all gummy by running back and forth over the crotch, groundie tied rope bag up 5feet off ground so kept not out of the brush which he really liked and was very easy to advance the hitch as I climbed. I think I might like this.... Hard to change though after 25 years....

Actually as crazy as it sounds this was one of the VERY select trees I didn't Wraptor. I Wraptor 95% + of the trees I climb. However this spruce had mostly descending limbs and was very thick so would have been hard to set a line through. Like a bad lil monkey I free climbed up and tied in....

It worked as designed, trying to find any flaws. My machinist has been slammed busy so Ive been slow getting prototypes built but hopefully they should be ready this week. It was scary with the Wraptor letting people use them at first even though they have a backup, these by nature have no backup so I am anxious about sending them out. Bottom line I think is to give testers the data and let them decide if the want to use them. Bottom line is as long as your hitch grabs you are fine which is just the same as dDrt....

Been working of the Rope Wrench exclusively since coming back from surgery and love it. The only time I'm DbdRT'ing is for crane work, which I did for 3 days last week.

I've also tried the little Dog Bone Rope Wrench and think that it's pretty sweet too.

Back