Saw Rotax & the Predator

• Thread starter Newfie
  • Start date
  • Replies 37
  • Views 5K
N

Newfie

Channel surfing this afternoon and came across that Engvall dude with his "Here's Your Sign" show. I stopped because I thought I saw Robert with his Predator. Sure enough, it was him. An interview and everything. Not sure if it was good or bad to be on that show. It didn't sound too flattering.

It wasnt bad just played up the "Redneck" angle for fun like why would ya?

Attachments

• prdator.JPG
    prdator.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 112
I had met Robert waaaaayyyyy back at one of the Buckley Log Shows... my dad and I were pitchin' him shit about somethin'... I don't know... we had a numerous barley sodas in us...

Rotax gave us a couple of hats to shut us up... the rest is history. :lol:

Gary

That Poulan Pro 655 he has is just figgin' wicked. plain ol' fast as hell in the cut. I started it and held it in Deming last year. Hit the throttle and that thing is nothin' but gobs of torque. Cool saw.

I remember when guys were usin' the 655's and the 550's in the woods. They were good saws. Poulan had a chance back then... now they suck.

Gary

Yeah, that was my claim to fame! My own Dad saw it and didn't even know it was me! But yeah, that was a helluva lot of fun.

had the hat, did a TD with it on, gave it to my young man groundie, he is still sporting it as far as I know, guess if I want another I gotta send the $29.95 to Rotax?

Ha, Ha, Yeah that was fun. Yup they try and setup the redneck thing if you will. I'll bet they shot 8 hours of tape to get a decent 10 seconds or so.

Good ole fishkillsthingswithhuntingsticks did a great job on the cut I might add.

So did this little runt, at the Clearwater Revival 2003......good thing the crook in my spine was temporary......

I'm down to two hats....as the flamin' orange one took a walk, on a jobsite just after the Buckley show, when Robert bribed me with a coupla hats to not put up the shots of him running the Rotax nekkid.......:roll:

Side note, Robert, I do apologize for not getting those pics to ya.....we have been swamped and then some of late......

That Poulan Pro 655 he has is just figgin' wicked. plain ol' fast as hell in the cut. I started it and held it in Deming last year. Hit the throttle and that thing is nothin' but gobs of torque. Cool saw.

I remember when guys were usin' the 655's and the 550's in the woods. They were good saws. Poulan had a chance back then... now they suck.

Gary

Yup!! I made a few cuts with it after the Amboy show. Fast fast saw...in need of another scratcher chain, tho...;)

Robert, I put up a pic of you holding it, wearing your MB T shirt, on AS...on a thread by burvol, which features his dad felling with a 655.....reckon nobody took notice....... or cared...the fackers

The chain on that saw was made race ready by Art Martin... it is a work of art! (pun intended :lol:)

Gary

Just a side note but I usually put on the Art Martin chain on backwards, it seems almost as fast as the other way. ;)

I remember seeing a picture of an older Art chain ,probabely 1/2" .Instead of left cutter -skip-right cutter it was left -right-skip . It must be a west coast thing .:?

I can't ever recall in my lifetime every seeing a large displacement Poulan saw.

Arts chain

The skip and semi skip racing chain is for LARGE wood. Once a log gets around 27" diameter often times one of these chains will out cut a chain that is full compliment (chip clearance). Horsepower/torque available aslo plays a big part in this as it takes a ton of each to pull thru big wood.

Yes it is more of a west coast thing as we don't cut 8" x 8" cants, although I wonder how fast the Predator could cut one. ;)

Well yes ,regular skip chain ,I have some myself .

I didn't phrase that observation correctly .On full comp you have cutter-space -cutter -space etc . On that one chain of Arts it was cutter -cutter -space -cutter cutter -space . I assume he must have disected the stuff and reassembled it .

As far as cutting 8 by's with the Buick I don't think the timer could act fast enough to even hit the stopwatch before you would be through .:lol:

Back