SAKA knee ascender...first impressions

I had wondered about if the plastic tubing was necessary?

While I have only made them with the tubing, I suspect that even if it started out stiff enough to operate correctly, after you used the "little more flexibility" (bent or rolled) a few times, the webbing would flex too much to be reliably usable....and long term reliability is a good thing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
getting some more time in on the SAKA......oaks this time....big thumbs up :thumbup:

I had wondered about if the plastic tubing was necessary? In my homemade HAAS the
GY, I have a new sewing machine being delivered soon that has the capability of sewn eyes and extremely thick material. 10X the power of my existing machine. I'll give your thought another try with that machine. The plastic also prevents the bungee from pulling thru but perhaps I can secure a short section at each end. The SAKA will bend and go into a bag but maintains a little memory. I find hanging it from my harness with the ascender end pretty non intrusive.
Thanks for the ideas. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks PCTree. I do like the red and black next to those red and black Arbpro Clip'n boots. Who says I can't be stylish!

Yes Jerry, double bungee is really nice, its a clean set up, advances very well.

BUMP....Been on the SAKA for a while now and its working out great and holding up well

SAKA4LIFE!!

Came home this am to find "OSAKA, I am here". And I am happy!
Kudos to Richard for going the extra mile to get it to me. The Customs folks in Montreal, Quebec sent it back to him (said it was "undeliverable") on the first attempt.

image.jpg

Thanks again for the nice words, I'm glad it is working out well for those that have it.
I did sew one together without the plastic tubing just to make sure I was not missing a good idea.
It just did not work out. It would be nice if it folded into the palm of my hand but I don't think that will happen. Even when I fold it into a loop, it does not save much, in fact the loop gets hung up on stuff much more than just the hanging body of the SAKA.

I have received my SAKA last week and on Sunday I have used it first time for a recreational climb (T5 geocache). It was an enjoyment😎

Thanks a lot to Richard and greetings from good old germany👍

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

I have received my SAKA last week and on Sunday I have used it first time for a recreational climb (T5 geocache). It was an enjoyment��

Thanks a lot to Richard and greetings from good old germany��

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

Good to hear! and thank you!

110.00 plus 10.00 shipping domestic US.
Send check or add 5.00 to use PayPal.

richard@mumford.org. (PayPal)

P.O. Box 478
Acworth, Georgia

Specify color if you care.

All black or red outside and black down the middle seems to be the most popular

Some flexibility / durability testing

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uS5TBAxx9sk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SAKA is holding up fine....luv the 2 bungees, lots of up strength

tluX7PN.jpg

I like to store it on back of saddle when not in use

bwzg5JN.jpg

SAKA just luvs tall trees ;)

nSRYkqw.jpg

You bet sawman!

2 is the winning combo for me...better rope bridge angles, ect ;)

Forgot to post this here......Me going up ponderosa pine for deadwood using the "SAKA"....100ft TIP

The elevation was 4800ft. so I was starting to breath a bit hard at top....lol

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/a7wRsxjbcfE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back