S Bend

Their is a guy in my town who sells fear. Any tree that leans or looks odd he cuts down on the off chance it may fail.

Not a tree hugger, I am in it for the money truly but, i sure don't condemn a tree just cause it looks different :)

Heck I 'condemn' very few trees. My customers/clients condemn them. I'm just the executioner.:evil:

I don't sell fear, but often I sell death! I have nice medium to big trees all over my place.

Don't be anywhere near the stump when it goes... that's gonna be an interesting bounce fer sho.

Heck I 'condemn' very few trees. My customers/clients condemn them. I'm just the executioner.:evil:

I don't sell fear, but often I sell death! I have nice medium to big trees all over my place.

That's how I see it. I'm just the hitman... and murder is expensive!

I don't think slow is going to be an option. Maybe I am the only one that so far has mentioned barber chair as an option on this one.
With all the tension in the upper wood, I would fear it's going to be at the base as well. Maybe not?
Other than that I don't think it would be all that involved to drop it to the left.

If that tree had to go, I'd have one of my rookies spur up it for practice. Climbing a twisted pole is a good lesson.

speaking of your rookies Darin, any way you could take a picture of that guys tattoo? The one that shows a guy holding his crotch and the words "f--k u" ?

It would be amusing to see....

I've shown both of them this site, maybe Mike can join up and post some ink shots.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Appreciate all the tips and banter. Haven't actually got the job yet (hopefully, they will change their minds. :) )

I like odd trees. I also like perfect trees. I like trees. :lol:

Listening to you guys BS reminds me I have to try harder next time there is a big TH get together so I can bump shoulders and swap lies with jokesmiths and technicians of your caliber.

We also had thought of the timber frame contact as well as fencing/entry gateways...we'll see.

Dave

The tree is likely full of tensioned wood....push some of it through a table saw and you can learn about it. My prerogative to say that it's miserable, based upon lots of experience with tensioned wood.

But bear in mind that's a pine, and being a conifer it the reaction wood it lays down to compensate for the leaning stresses is compression wood from underneath the lean, not tension wood on the other side of the lean, as in most hardwoods. In either case, they can both barberchair when the reaction wood is cut and I know I like to undercut and then bore cut leaving a backstrap to cut last so as to leave no unpleasant surprises.

The carpenter in me says WOW you could get some beautiful bent table legs from that pine. Now I am no cutter but it seems to me it is going to want to roll one way or the other and with that much bend parts might be out of the land zone . Sure like to see those table legs though:lol::lol:

Out of all of the trees in that pic that would be my last to remove, there are very few trees that I've ever seen that have more character than that, it is a landscape defining tree and should be kept for pure astetic value. Removal should not be an option.

Out of all of the trees in that pic that would be my last to remove, there are very few trees that I've ever seen that have more character than that, it is a landscape defining tree and should be kept for pure astetic value. Removal should not be an option.

That's kind of how I see it, especially if it doesn't have targets.

Actually I doubt it would chair out on you although many think it would . As balanced as it could be it might just sit there like a bump on a log after it was cut .

If we all keep on talking about it maybe they will just keep the poor old tree as it is . I mean after all it's became , what you might say, a conversation piece .

Back