Rotten Oak Crane Job

Bixler

TreeHouser
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aqBGRivbN0U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hope embedding worked... I followed your directions the best I could Butch. Here's a short vid taking apart this Oak tree with 50 ton Crane.

Here's link if it doesn't show... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqBGRivbN0U

Based on my professional hazard evaluation and a 761pt analysis I have determined that your moral fiber is weak and that a PHC regiment was definitely in order. I only watched the first 30 seconds so far and I am pretty disgusted with you AND the way you represent me and other arborists.

Im 60 seconds in now and lost count of all the mistakes you made rookie.

Only book learned college brats use two hands on one saw. I generally make both cuts of the snap at the same time, an 060 in each hand.

If you didnt waste so much time setting up those unnecessary cones maybe you could have raked better.

He sure loaded up a couple of those picks.. whew....

I would have probably taken the 7000 pick in two because I am a crane virgin and cluck like a chicken...

Another reason I would have taken that top in 2. Let the ground guys get busy and less time for them to chip up each pic while you set the next one. But then again, you were pretty much on stem wood after that picK.

I just thought (and I could be wrong) that the top would have hung from the crane and got whittled at to finally get it on the ground, where as a small pic could have been set on the ground and had guys working it while the climber is setting the next. Dunno.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Based on my professional hazard evaluation and a 761pt analysis I have determined that your moral fiber is weak and that a PHC regiment was definitely in order. I only watched the first 30 seconds so far and I am pretty disgusted with you AND the way you represent me and other arborists.

Im 60 seconds in now and lost count of all the mistakes you made rookie.
... that's 'mistake prone rookie' to you sir!

Only book learned college brats use two hands on one saw. I generally make both cuts of the snap at the same time, an 060 in each hand.

If you didnt waste so much time setting up those unnecessary cones maybe you could have raked better.

I'm still :lol:

Aside from the safety factor with the weight, the size of picks is best determined by space and how many people you have on the ground to clear out things so the zone below doesn't get jammed up, and also if the equipment is available to also help clear below. Lesser a decision for the benefit of the crowd that has gathered to watch. :lol:

He sure loaded up a couple of those picks.. whew....

I would have probably taken the 7000 pick in two because I am a crane virgin and cluck like a chicken...

Gotta start out on smaller Cherry trees and work your way up. ;)

Outstanding job, Brian. I see no problem with your picks - when you can, go big and go home early!

Thanks Butch, I can't take all the credit though... I wasn't climbing on this one, although I will take some credit for the vid.

That was a big pick, whole tree was around 20,000 lbs.

The climber came down after that big top pick, helped us chip, checked his underpants ect...

Finally someone put some Grateful Dead music on a video, thanks.

I wish we could get cranes at the prices you guys can.
No way I could have justified using a crane for that job. The crane would have cost as much as I could get away with charging for the job.

Back