Ropetek Wraptor...your experiences, value

What is the little steel loop on the frame near the spark plug and starter handle?

This look like it could take a small snaplink as a fairlead for restarting the unit while hanging below it, with an ergonomic downward pull. If the engine is still warm, it should be relatively easy to start, and a shorter pull (because its starting out of the starter housing) might work. I'll report back.

I thought it might serve as a clip-in point for lowering it out. Seems like Paul had some purpose in mind.

I 'climbed' 4 Doug firs for a little clean up yesterday afternoon. 80-100' TIPs. We had a break in the rain and wind. Without the Wraptor, we wouldn't have knocked it out in an afternoon, short of spiking up them, as had been done in the past. I could still see spur wounds from 8-10 years ago, peer the homeowner's recollection.

Water front property on previously topped trees that hang out over the high bank. I had to make sure not to end up to far away from the trunks.

After seeing one throw line from the ground, I set the rest from the adjacent tree, making an easy and secure rope-set. Finished pruning one dropped down to the ground, lowered out my Wraptor and Wraptor line, pulled into the next, and away I went.

Some nights I don't get as good of sleep since I'm not working during the day as hard. I'm not a great sleeper, overall. Being physically spent helps, but only sleep.

One of my last jobs was killer with the wraptor... Shot the first tree... 80' tip.. then climbed up to new TIP at 95' or so. While was up there, tossed a throw bag and line right where I wanted into the tree next to me and finished the tree I was in.. Then pull line in.. Wraptor up.... repeat 4 more times and shoot the last tree. :) A grapnel would have been nice. But the Wraptor was just as fast or faster with less energy expended on my part.
Robert was able to just keep on chipping and send up a throw line when I needed it. Made for a VERY productive day.

Back