Rocky's bucket truck for sale

Freeway miles are not nearly so hard on a vehicle. Might even clean out the engine a bit.
Watch that coolant level! Check your belts and hoses, give her a lube and make sure the gear oil is good in the rear end...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good suggestion, Frans. I just checked and the rear end fluid level was almost an inch below the fill plug. I had almost a full quart that I added and it could probably take another half quart. I'll pick up another quart bottle tomorrow.
:thumbup:

I have topped off the coolant (it was low due to the mechanic opening the system while accessing the fuel injectors) and I have 2 gallons of water in the toolbox.

For the years that rig has on it, it's fine looking machine. Stumper is a lucky man.

Travel safely and swiftly, Brian. Have a ball.

Just a slight hiccup as I'm packing. I can't find my brand new $350 GPS! Sonofabitch!
The truck door wasn't closed all the way when I came home from work today. So I'm beginning to suspect I may have a neighbor with sticky fingers. The GPS is probably in the same place as my last 2 cameras. :what:

I'll keep looking and if it doesn't show up then I'll swing by Wal Mart and buy another one. The pisser is that I have the lock activated so that it's worthless to anybody else. If they don't know the pass code then it can only be turned on from the 'safe location' or sent back to Garmin. And Garmin has my registration info for that serial number. :whine:

Not a good start to the trip!

With all this talk of thieves lately, I should probably change some of my poor habits.

May the rest of the trip go with no hiccups!

(PS-review the directions before completely agreeing with the GPS, the 2 Garmins I have used sometimes send you on indirect routes)

Frig having to lock all our stuff down. Someone else, the theif needs to lose a few fingers. Frigging theives man :X. If I had my way boy they'd really be thinking long and hard before piking something.

Good luck Brian on your trip and sorting out who may have pilfered your stuff.

The new GPS is a POS Nuvi 200. I can't even update the maps because I can't get the drivers working for it to download on my computer. The Nuvi 350 was a breeze. Oh well, fuggit. I'll make due with this one.

I can't seem to shake this odd feeling/ premonition of something happening on this trip though. I feel like I gotta leave tonight but something is telling me not to. So I'll kick back, eat, relax and figure it out in a few hours.

Tell the truth Brian you're just scared of the cold aren't ya?:D

Your trip has been given the positive go ahead by alot of Treehouser's I'm sure that you'll be just fine.

Back