Rocky's bucket truck for sale

Willie it'd be a mite bit heavy for a 1 ton chassis.

I've had 7.5tons in my box (same size/made by Arbortech/taken off an orange truck most likely although it's white).

yeah it would eat alot of capacity. half thinking of the future as im already started on the 1 ton

I'd like it if my chip truck was actually a dump bed with a removable top. Loading over the side/through the top would be real handy for moving logs, dirt, mulch, ect.

One tons are nice but they are just a heavy pick up .That box would break down a one ton very quickly,not good .

Now then,the open top capability boxes are in my opinion,not being a trimmer,would be the best if you could find one .

On the subject of any type dump bed with any size to it,you need a double or reenforced frame .I've seen lighter framed trucks used in heavy service bend the frames to the point where you drive them with the lights on and it looks like you are 'coon hunting .

I'd like it if my chip truck was actually a dump bed with a removable top. Loading over the side/through the top would be real handy for moving logs, dirt, mulch, ect.

Did you see what OM did to his? I wonder if that is working out for him?

This thread turned into a chip truck bed thread.

This morning I actually took off my removable top. 8 bolts and she was off. I have to pick up some gravel and mulch this week. Another reason for removal is I am driving a couple far distances this week without the chipper, figured she'll give me more aerodynamics.

This summer I hope to have a aluminum drop in built. Taking some advice from arbtalk and using a heavy duty truck tarp top. 8 cinch straps all around, off she comes quick to load like Carl says.

hey butch, can we move some of this into a truck bed thread? as im building mine ill add to it

Here's some variations. The one with the blue tarp the nice fellow took a bunch of pics for me. He says he wouldn't have it any other way. The first pic is nice, the tarp isn't HD enough though. The other one is aluminum and removable. These types of setups are great IMO.

Attachments

• 000_0003.jpg
    000_0003.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Roy.jpg
    Roy.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 4
i like to put my ladders on top so id go with out the tarp. i can load bark and gravel in through the back. also my rear most roof panel is hinged and folds forward if i need to top load

i like to put my ladders on top so id go with out the tarp. i can load bark and gravel in through the back. also my rear most roof panel is hinged and folds forward if i need to top load

You can still use the tarp. Just run one bar across the back, it would keep it rigid too.

Lots of ideas, pick the best for you.

Here's that other pic

untitled2small.jpg

I like fenders over the rear wheels. Otherwise the tires spray junk all over

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No worries with the derail. My truck is sold and it's not like this is the first thread at the TH that ever went off topic...
:P:lol:

The aluminum chip beds are nice, but you better put some reinforcement on the front wall or else the chips will pound holes in it in no time.

Hey Brian,

Congrats on the new truck and the sale of the old one. Good to hear that you are doing well!

Hey Craig,
Thanks, everything is going well. I've even had the pleasure of catching my first redfish this year! Swapped some treework for a fishing trip with one of the guys on the fishing forum and he put us in the action.
Speaking of fishing action, Capt. Bryan posted this video last week. He was our guide on that frigid fishing trip last year.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N-MWV9HXzwI&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N-MWV9HXzwI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Doing good Justin, looks like you picked up a nice piece of kit there. I will get the logging vid in Ben's hands when he picks up the mini.

Nice vid there Brian. I will have to come back down that way when the kids are a lil older to catch me one of those suckers.

No DR for us this year V, we hired a real estate agent last week to start shopping for land, so travel is gonna be on the back burner for awhile with the cost of land up here these days. Good to read ya though. Did ya'll end up going to the DR?

Craig, no we ended up going to St. Martin that year. We are headed to the Abaco Islands this year.
Shoot, with the price of real estate dropping in the states, consider a vacation home here!
OGTBOSTON is heading to the DR in a week or so.

Today starts the big countdown for my road trip. I'm going to pick up the bucket truck from the storage lot today and bring it home to prep for the trip. I'll park it illegally here for a couple days until I leave Wednesday morning. I want to give it a bath and wash off the 2 months of road dust that has collected from being parked next to a highway. I also have a few spare parts and stuff to pack and I want to double check all the fluid levels, tire pressures and anything else before the 1900 mile adventure begins. Just getting the fuel tanks filled up is going to cost me almost $400 (dual 50 gallon tanks and they are near empty).

I've decided to pack a small tool kit for the trip and I'll just ship it home UPS rather than fight the airlines over it. I don't want to bring anything on the airplane other than bare necessities. I'll pack my clothes and toothbrush in a carry on bag so I can avoid checking (and losing) luggage on the flight home.

Back